About the job German Speaking Business Controller (Information Technology)
Our client is a leading independent technology and services provider, trusted by large corporate and public sector organisations. They are a responsible business that believes in winning together for people and our planet. Our client helps our customers to Source, Transform and Manage their technology infrastructure to deliver digital transformation, enabling people and their business. Our client is a public company quoted on the London FTSE and employs over 20,000 people worldwide.
Job Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Full time | Hybrid
- Matric Qualification
- Proficiency in German
- Economic studies (bachelor's degree) or professional vocational experience of at least three years.
- Advanced knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP and MS-Office (especially Excel, Powerpoint).
- Stable internet connection at home.
- Own reliable transport.
- Basic experience in project management.
- Sound knowledge of maintenance or service business.
- Knowledge of data warehouse systems, databases and BI applications.
- Experience in designing decision papers and presentations at management level.
- Preparation of the monthly PnL forecast.
- Monitoring and commenting on the development of results between "Actuals", plan and forecast.
- Annual cost analyses of the installed base to verify costing factors, vs. actual costs.
- Support management with the determination and definition of area rate card, cross charging rates and charging models.
- Monthly preparation of global stock KPIs and its communication.
- Analyse, prepare and evaluate PnL results for discussion with management.
- Identification and highlighting of commercial risks.
- Deriving commercial control and improvement measures in close cooperation with divisional management.
- Monthly monitoring of inventory and service cost vis-à-vis the spare part service providers.
- Support with controlling commercial performance of global spare part providers.
- Participate in monthly service reviews.
- Ensuring the resolution of issues identified in service reviews, corrections and clarifications with the involved areas & providers.
- Preparation and reconciliation of balance sheet valuations for stock as well as the relevant postings for the month end closing.
- Support and assistance with monthly and annual financial statements for Finance.
- Participation in larger projects and change initiatives, independent management of defined sub-projects.
- Support of system and tooling definitions for aspects of stock commercials.
- Answering presales and make-or-buy inquiries in respect of most efficient spare parts inventory.
- Preparing results for worldwide commercial stock performance.
- Possessing an excellent analytical understanding and ability to present complex facts in a structured way.
- Coordinating and driving commercial growth together with area management.
- Partnering with service contract key stakeholders in service management and delivery.
- Maintaining a solid working relationship with external service partner contacts.