About the job Senior Dock Master
About the location: Island, is located 5km off the northwest coast of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Dock Master oversees all dock activity ensuring effective, efficient operations that comply with all safety regulations; ensures guest satisfaction with their experience at facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Oversees all activities related to assisting guests with securing their vessels to assigned docks; ensures utility lines (power and water) are properly connected to guest vessels and that appropriate billing is initiated; operates small boats while assisting vessels to the dock
- Assists vessels with black water removal and disposing of garbage from vessels.
- Coordinates in-slip and fuel-dock refueling activity ensuring compliance with all associated safety standards. Assists Fuel Attendants when needed.
- Ensures Dock Assistants provide appropriate dockside transportation and baggage service to guests; personally transports guests and baggage as required.
- Coordinates and ensures delivery of provisions, packages and requested services to guest vessels; expedites any and all requests from vessels.
- Manages maintenance schedule for all marina related equipment including launches, workboats, work rafts and golf carts.
- Provides general security and supports marina and facility security teams in their security related efforts; reports disturbances in dock area to superiors and maintains general vigilance.
- Ensures dock facility is maintained according to operational standards and monitors dock area to ensure compliance; overall responsibility for cleaning and maintaining of Marina premises
- Maintains VHF radio and in-person communication with vessels, Marina office and marina management.
The job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform and other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Directly supervises 6 to 12 employees in the Marina. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises and coordinates activities of Dock Assistants, Guest Services and Fuel Attendants
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- VHF Operators certificate (preferred, but not essential)
- Valid Drivers License
- Power boat qualification (RYA, ASA, AS, or other equivalents) (preferred, but not essential)
- Basic first Aid (preferred, but not essential)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee may work near or around toxic or caustic chemicals while wearing proper personal protection equipment and following strict company safety standards. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Health Insurance, VISA, and Airline tickets are paid by the Employer. Additional allowances provided by the employer for: Housing, and transportation.