About the job Tech Lead, Digital Venture
Maknet is an exciting new digital venture by the iconic Makro. Our proud purpose is to build a technology platform that will help make business possible for restaurant owners, hotels, and independent retailers, and open the door for sellers. Maknet brings together the best talent across multi-nationals to transform the B2B marketplace ecosystem. We welcome bold, energetic, and thoughtful people who share our belief in collaboration, diversity, excellence, and putting customers at the heart of our work
Take your career to new heights in the future of B2B e-commerce. Join our team and help us build Southeast Asia’s next unicorn.
The Tech Lead is an experienced craftsperson. The TL makes code-level architectural decisions and steers best-in-class implementation. The TL continuously pushes for clean code, high testability, and maintainability of the codebase. The TL values simplicity and is unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve an Agile design. The TL works closely with all team members to create a modular, scalable solution that addresses/incorporates future architectural changes and designs. The TL will drive the team's engineering practices in test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment and works with the Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the architecture, acts as a thought partner in story creation and acceptance criteria, and communicate tradeoffs effectively with Designers. The TL is a hands-on team member who actively coaches the team to solve complex problems
- Design the overall technical architecture of the product with the help of the team and guide teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Mentor and coaches the technical team, specifically with code reviews to help the team to develop his solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand Identifies and removes technical impediments
- Look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo and the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
- You are hands-on, focused on delivering performant code and steering best-in-class implementation
- You have a track in leading development of large scale applications in React.js/ReactNative, Typescript, node.js, ES6+, Clojure or python - Knowledge in at least one statically typed language e.g. Java, Scala is a big plus
- You have experience in one or multiple unit and end-to-end testing frameworks as well as designing and building distributed and modular architectures (microservices, API-first)
- You are familiar with cloud environments and DevOps practices
Health Insurance – At Maknet, we care about your health! Group insurance from a top insurance company is included in your benefits—OPD, IPD, Emergency OPD
Provident Fund – Maknet cares about your long-term plan! We offer 3% provident fund.
Year-end bonus – We include variable and performance bonus for our employees.
Gym Facilities – Our Head office has a fitness center, yoga room, and recreational space. Enjoy Bangkok scenery and work your body!
Attractive Vacations days – Enjoy our attractive annual leave. Let’s say the minimum is 18 days!
No overtime – We work 5 days a week with. We set our own goals and deadlines.
Cool hardware – New MacBook. The tool to help you be the best of yourself.
Free car parking space – No more stress or extra cost if you drive to work. We offer free parking space for our employees.
- Clear focus.
- Diverse Workplace (Our members are from around the world!)
- Thai and Non-Thai are both welcome!
- Non-hierarchical and agile environment
- Growth opportunity and career path