About the job Head of Tech / Data
Head of Tech & Data, Digital Venture (Director of Tech) 500 K.
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand Technology Full time
Maknet is an exciting new digital venture by the iconic Makro. Our proud purpose is to build a technology platform that will help make business possible for restaurant owners, hotels, and independent retailers, and open the door for sellers. Maknet brings together the best talent across multi-nationals to transform the B2B marketplace ecosystem. We welcome bold, energetic, and thoughtful people who share our belief in collaboration, diversity, excellence, and putting customers at the heart of our work
Take your career to new heights in the future of B2B e-commerce. Join our team and help us build Southeast Asia’s next unicorn.
Head of Tech & Data is an opinionated and seasoned tech leader. Head of Tech & Data owns the technological and architectural decisions for the team. Head of Tech & Data is an executor and the visionary force behind the technical platform. Head of Tech & Data values simplicity and is unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures to maximize value for the business and achieve an Agile design. Head of Tech & Data works closely with all team members to create a modular, scalable solution that addresses/incorporates future architectural changes and designs. Head of Tech & Data will drive the teams engineering practices in clean coding, test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment. Head of Tech & Data is a hands-on team member who actively coaches the team to solve complex problems and to grow professionally
- Defines and creates visibility on technology and architecture vision and roadmap
- Works with Business owners, Senior Manager - Product Lead and Product Managers to align product roadmaps with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack and architecture – provide input on feasibility and cost impact
- Owns the overall technological architecture and platform of the products as well its short and long term evolution
- Is eventually responsible for building reusable and scalable architecture and infrastructure
- Be hands on and engage in coding when needed to help teams illustrate best practices
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing evolutionary solutions while managing cost implications, not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Designs and owns technical up-skilling and onboarding for tech team members e.g. engineering practices for higher code quality
- Mentors and coaches the technology team both on skills (e.g. with code reviews) and behavioral development (e.g. leadership)
- Seasoned technologist with deep insight into newest stacks and trends, able to articulate and make build vs buy decisions as well technology selection decisions
- Deep knowledge in cloud technologies and DevOps approach
- Has track record leading the build of scalable cloud-native products using modern technologies e.g. ReactJS, Flutter, Go, Clojure – And enterprise solutions e.g. SFDC, SAP S4/HANA etc.
- Has a track record in defining and delivering technological vision and roadmaps – steering based on OKRs and business value
- Experienced in creating and managing multi-million THB budget in technology budget
- Able to "lead by doing" when needed may it be in coding, architecture design or team management
- Experienced in Agile Development methodologies
- Understands relationship with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Design Lead and rest of technical team
- Experienced in balancing product priorities and technology/architecture/tech debt priorities
- Strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team’s potential
- Able to drive alignment and compromise between different stakeholders
- High energy and passionate individual who inspires teammates to reach their maximum potential
- Excited about trying new solutions outside standard approved
- Embraces a culture of trust, free thought complete transparency
- Brave and rebellious, willing to challenge status quo
- Seen as an expert and technical authority on architecture, system design, technology mgmt.
Health Insurance – At Maknet, we care about your health! Group insurance from a top insurance company is included in your benefits—OPD, IPD, Emergency OPD
Provident Fund – Mango cares about your long-term plan! We offer 3% provident fund.
Year-end bonus – We include variable and performance bonus for our employees.
Gym Facilities – Our Head office has a fitness center, yoga room, and recreational space. Enjoy Bangkok scenery and work your body!
Attractive Vacations days – Enjoy our attractive annual leave. Let’s say the minimum is 18 days!
No overtime – We work 5 days a week with. We set our own goals and deadlines.
Cool hardware – New MacBook. The tool to help you be the best of yourself.
Free car parking space – No more stress or extra cost if you drive to work. We offer free parking space for our employees.
- Clear focus.
- Diverse Workplace (Our members are from around the world!)
- Thai and Non-Thai are both welcome!
- Non-hierarchical and agile environment
- Growth opportunity and career path