Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT)
Job Location Visalia, CA
4Creeks is seeking a Land Surveyor-In-Training to work under the direction of a licensed Land Surveyor. Responsibilities for this position would include but not limited to
- Assist Professional Land Surveyors with drafting, deed research, boundary analysis, easement and document preparation with legal descriptions, final plats, labeling and computing survey points, processing raw field data with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble Business Center and other aspects of land surveying.
- Communicate and collaborate on project work with all project team members
- Maintain and organize project files in the network project folder
- Work on a field crew as needed in a crew chief capacity on survey projects to include: boundaries, ALTAs, residential and commercial construction staking.
This position can primarily contain office work, field work, or a blend of both, as desired by the applicant and agreed to by 4Creeks.
- California LSIT certification or plan to acquire LSIT within 12 months
- B.S. in Geomatics or work experience in the Surveying field
- 0-3 years relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have high customer service ethic, ability to understand quickly to follow instructions, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel is required.
- Bonus points for experience with AutoCAD (version 2009 or higher, Civil 3D preferred) and/or Trimble Business Center
Hourly rate will be determined by candidates skill and experience level and highly competitive with industry standards. Benefits package includes full employee health coverage (50% coverage for dependents), company 401(k) contribution, and performance bonuses.
We are a small band of visionaries, mentors, and citizens, driven by a deeply instilled belief that together we can help solve some of the challenges we face. Were determined to play our part in inspiring a new future and rebuilding whats broken, from Bakersfield to Sacramento. We call Central California home and were committed to using all the tools and resources at our disposal to make this region known for greatness.
Youll quickly find out that 4Creeks is built on a fun, challenging and collaborative work-environment. A team-based approach is the standard we uphold, and we believe that no one person is more valuable than the other. We enjoy working together and pooling our resources to provide the best solution we can create together. As you walk through our doors we think youll see and feel the 4Creeks difference.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration; please apply on our website with your resume and cover letter detailing your background, skills, and experience. Our Human Resource Administrator will contact you promptly for initial interview coordination. If there are any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
The Other Stuff
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, apply range of motion within hands and fingers, including sensitivity to touch, and use a computer. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This position may require occasional field work which requires the ability to work outdoors in a wide variety of weather and terrain conditions