About the job Paramedic Basic
Want to make a difference in your community's health?
With a Career at AMR, you can make a difference.
We are currently hiring qualified Paramedics to join our fast pace team of Professionals.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to team up with the nation's largest private provider of medical transportation services.
Please contact Human Resources for Bonus agreement details. Two (2) year commitment agreement with the Company may apply. Eligibility for those employees who are rehired will depend on break in service time from the company.
The mission and purpose this Paramedic position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- CA Drivers License
- Ambulance Drivers License (from DMV)
- Medical Examiners Card or DL51 (from DMV)
- State of California Paramedic License
- CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable)
- ACLS Card (American Heart Association ONLY, hand written cards are not acceptable)
- PALS (American Heart Association ONLY, hand written cards are not acceptable) OR PEPP (only required for Riverside, LA & Ventura Co. applicants)
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made)
- ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
· IS-100B (ICS 100)
· IS-200B (ICS 200)
· IS-700A (NIMS)
· IS-800B (NIMS)
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
Company Benefits: Check out our careers site benefits page to learn more about our benefit options.
Bonus statement: This position is bonus eligible
Salary Range: $24.63 - $52.50 DOE (This rate applies to 12 hour shift and average 42 per week)