About the job Manager - Warehouse Infrastructure (Remote)
As the Manager - Warehouse Infrastructure, you will be responsible for designing and coordinating the creation of the functional layout of warehouses and offices across the organization. You will be responsible for engaging vendors and coordinating multiple contractor schedules. As the Warehouse Infrastructure Manager, you will focus on opening, closing, and consolidating as the business fluctuates within its many markets. This includes collaborating within the Warehouse Infrastructure Team, as well as with many other internal departments throughout the company. You will often travel to warehouse locations throughout the network and spend time in each warehouse while planning and building out the infrastructure.
Ideally, you will operate out of one of 5 preferred branch locations: Alsip, IL; Atlanta, GA; Cranbury, NJ, Phoenix, AZ; or Reno, NV.
- Assist with designing the layout of new or consolidated facilities with focuses on efficiency, effectiveness, and safety, using a macro perspective on flow and future growth as a basis.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure a thorough and complete design.
- Manage and coordinate vendors in procuring quotes and subsequent equipment, as well as the process of installation of new materials and the decommission of closed facilities.
- Work within the Warehouse Infrastructure Team to understand and coordinate cross-functional support needs where relevant.
- Support various initiatives with focuses such as material handling equipment, warehouse and office infrastructures and flow, and operations processing equipment.
- 5+ years Operations or Supply Chain experience required
- 1+ years 2D AutoCAD experience required
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or related field preferred
- Basic understanding of distribution and office process flows
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Office Suite products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Flexibility with multi-tasking and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time