About the job Personal Financial Rep I,II,III
California Coast Credit Union takes pride in promoting financial prosperity to our members while continuously delivering stellar service! We are passionate about cultivating relationships within the educational and business communities and take a very active role in community activities.
We offer beautiful surroundings and foster a positive work/life balance. Cal Coast is in tune to what's important to our valued employees. Our workplace Wellness Program provides opportunities for health, wellness and fun as does our Employee Activity Program. We boast of our employee friendly culture and our positive environment which supports recognition and rewards. Come be a part of our family!
If you share the same interests and passions and possess the right credentials, then read on to find out more:
This position is accountable for providing exceptional service with a focus on cross-selling financial products and services. Adheres to credit unions policies, procedures and quality service standards.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Branch Manager (or Branch Manager, if no ABM). No employees report directly to this position.
NATURE & SCOPE:
Meets/exceeds established monthly/annual sales and service goals.
Follows quality service standards to ensure exceptional quality service is provided.
Maintains a thorough knowledge of all products and services, policies and procedures.
Opens new accounts ensuring process and documentation are accurate and complete. Promotes and cross-sells CCCU products and services to members in order to encourage a long-term financial relationship with the credit union.
Processes consumer and real estate loans.
Ensures loan processing/documents are accurate and complete, that underwriter stipulations are met and appropriate information is documented.
Addresses difficult member situations and resolves in a positive manner.
Serves as a backup to Personal Financial Assistant or Teller.
May be required to maintain a cash drawer.
May serve as a notary.
Completes documentation to ensure compliance with internal policy and external regulations. Performs necessary steps to ensure BSA/AML compliance to reduce risk to the credit union.
Participates in activities to increase member growth and retention, to promote products and services and meet individual assigned goals.
Performs other relevant and related duties as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
The Eight Superpowers
1. Provides leadership through modeling of behaviors and bringing forward new ideas and new ways of doing things.
2. Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, showing effective emotional intelligence.
3. Practices active listening in communications with others, giving someone full attention and listening to understand, not just respond.
4. Demonstrates grit, persisting in application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors to achieve goals and address obstacles.
5. Models intrinsic motivation; is self-driven to meet or exceed objectives, timelines, and quality measures while building and sustaining effective relationships.
6. Applies creative problem-solving to provide clarity, handle resources under ones control, and address stressful situations; finds ways to meet individual, team, and member goals, by navigating through barriers.
7. Shares a diverse set of perspectives, work and life experiences, as well as religious and cultural differences. Actively seeks out differences in values, ideas, and priorities. Respects and value the differences of others, including but not limited to: national origin, language, race, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and family structures. Believes a diverse workplace is essential to the companys success.
8. Values and shows appreciating for the unique qualities and experiences of each person-inclusion; appreciates and effectively utilizes the talents and skills of others to achieve objectives; is open to the perspective of others; and encourages collaboration, flexibility and fairness. Makes each employee feel valued and supported for their unique qualities.
Other Education, Skills, and Abilities
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
o PFR I: 1 year experience in a financial institution or other related field
o PFR II: 2 years experience in a financial institution (with 1 of the 2 years as a PFR) or other related field plus proven successful performance in sales and service
o PFR III: 3 years experience in a financial institution (with 2 of the 3 years as a PFR) or other related field plus proven successful performance in sales and service
Excellent communication skills; sound judgment, and attention to detail.
Previous experience with Microsoft Windows applications is preferred.
Ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact effectively with coworkers, understand and follow posted work rules and procedures, and accept constructive criticism.
Ability to operate standard business machines such as computer, printer, fax, copier and telephonic devices.
Ensure sales and service goals are met.
Process new accounts and/or loans accurately and completely.
Adhere to cash, key and dual control policies and procedures.
Adhere to security and robbery procedures.
Complies with all other policies and procedures.
Excellent ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing; ability to tolerate periods
of continuous sitting.
Work is primarily performed within a cubicle office setting. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment.
Note: Staff is expected to perform various tasks, projects and administrative duties as assigned.
Management reserves the right to assign or change duties and tasks to this position at their discretion.
California Coast Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Personal Financial Rep I:
$37,432.928 (min) - $56,149.184 (max)
Personal Financial Rep II:
$41,058.992 (min) - $61,588.592 (max)
Personal Financial Rep III:
$45,875.02 (min) - $68,812.64 (max)