About the job FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Facility: Western Region Detention Facility at San Diego
Pay: $16.30 hr.
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: $4.41 hr. This position is eligible to receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Shift: Various Available
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
Paid time off Paid holidays 401(k)
401(k) matching Health Insurance Dental Insurance
Vision Insurance Life Insurance Flexible spending account
Health savings account Tuition Reimbursement Reduced tuition rates
Employee discount Employee assistance program Pet insurance
Disability Insurance Paid training Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you want to work for a company that values your ideas and offers a clear path for career advancement? Look no further! There's an opening for a Food Service Worker, and we're looking for motivated individuals! We need someone who is neat and clean and likes it when things run smoothly. Our preference would be to hire someone with at least 1 year of food production experience within a commercial, military, or institutional setting. If you have experience in correctional/detainee management or corrections food service training, even better! Interested? Let's talk!
Join a Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Most Of the Time, You Will:
- Participate in food/beverage preparatory work (washing, peeling, and cutting vegetables and fruits; preparing salads and slicing cakes and pies; making coffee, tea, and other beverages, etc.)
- Prepare portions of food on trays or plates and pour beverages.
- Help with inventory counts and reception of deliveries.
- Prepare various types of documentation (preparation and inventory pull. sheets, production/service documentation, sanitation records, meal delivery records, etc.).
- Help conduct orientation and training for staff and detainee workers.
- Monitor and direct detainee workers in tray preparation, cleanup, sanitation, and other related duties to the operation of the food service area.
- Help keep the kitchen and food service areas clean and organized. (washing/sorting dishes, glassware, and silverware; cleaning kitchen equipment, counters, and tables; sweeping and mopping the floor; etc.)
We're Looking for Individuals from Different Backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEOs employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Heres to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- One (1) year food production experience in commercial, military, or institutional setting is preferred. Experience in the field of corrections/detainee management and prior correctional food service training is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Shift work (0400-1230 and 1130-2000)
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be willing to undergo a rigorous background investigation as required by U.S. Marshals.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in order to maintain records, files and prepare simple reports required.
The candidates should be able to frequently bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, work with machinery, walk, stand, and sit. You will also have to occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 lbs. (sometimes more), climb, and work in extreme temperatures.