Systems Engineer - C4ISR
An immediate opening for an (On-Site) Systems Engineer to support the evaluation of C4ISRED systems; position is located in the Aberdeen, MD area.
Summary of duties – Under general supervision, performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution.
· Studies engineering texts, manufacturer’s publications and other technical material to obtain information on materials, components, subsystems and other pertinent data to be used in the materials evaluation and analysis of systems.
· Attends meetings and test events when requested.
· Reviews data collected for completeness, accuracy and validity.
· Performs necessary calculations, prepares charts and graphs to present information, and prepares sections of reports.
· Provides subject matter expertise to evaluators in the development of evaluation measures and analysis of data.
Education and Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of experience in the area of system development and/or developmental/operational testing of DoD systems.
· Experience with at least one of the following programs/products:
a. Joint Common Access Program (JCAP).
b. Joint Cyberspace Warfighting Architecture.
c. TOTEM HAWK.
d. SAVANT CATAYST.
e. Foundational Tool Kit.
f. Tactical Cyber Equipment.
· Five (5) years of experience gained within the last ten (10) years (2010 to present) in at least one of the following areas:
a. Developmental test (DT), operational test (OT), and evaluation methods (includes test and evaluation (T&E) planning, test design, test readiness, test execution, data collection during test, evaluation of test or modeling data, and development of evaluation analysis plans and reports) for Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4), Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) (C4ISR) systems/subsystems.
b. Integrating Army and Joint Service system acquisition documentation (includes Department of Defense (DOD), Army, and Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) regulations, pamphlets, instructions, and guidance) in the development of DOD system acquisition products for T&E of C4ISR systems/subsystems.
c. Conducting T&E of Army and Joint Service information systems/subsystems.
d. Software application testing and network communication of ISR systems/subsystems to include at least one (1) year of experience in black box functional and system-level testing techniques (techniques in which the software tester does not have access to the source code itself).
e. Oral and written communication such as briefings, writing technical papers, etc. (includes T&E plans and reports such as System Evaluation Plans (SEP), Test & Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), Early Strategy Reviews (ESR), Concept In Process Reviews (CIPR), OT and/or DT Test Plans, Operational Test Agency (OTA) Milestone Assessment Reports, OTA Evaluation Reports (OER), OTA Assessment Reports (OAR), Capabilities and Limitations Reports (CLR), Safety Releases (SR), and Safety Confirmations (SC) for C4ISR systems/subsystems).
· Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalizes Information (TS/SCI) security clearance is required.
Engineer Defense Systems Analysis Modeling SC Intelligence Integration Testing Publications Data Collection Calculations Analysis Reviews Components Instructions Architecture Integration Regulations Writing Security Strategy Materials Documentation Testing Software Engineering Design Communication Planning Business