About the job Finance Manager
The Role (Accountabilities)
As a Finance Manager, you will:
· Report to the Finance Director and manage a small team
· Primarily provide financial information to management by researching and analysing data and preparing reports
· Submit periodic reports in a timely manner
· Create and implement efficient processes
· 2IC to the Finance Director
· Work with the Sales Team to analyse business performance and market conditions to create revenue forecasts. Responsible for operational metrics and tracking revenue performance against forecasts to help senior management make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic reports.
· Providing business accumen for Power BI reporting build and regular reviews. Perform commercial analysis, modelling and pricing tools. Identify opportunities for performance improvement.
· Head and drive trust reconciliation projects. Review daily and monthly trust bank reconciliation and ensure figures are accurate and any variances are identified and explained to the management in a timely manner. Maintain knowledge of trust accounting processes and keep abreast of trust account balances.
· Perform merchant cost analysis and provide trends and forecasts. Maintain commercial knowledge of acquiring bank/payment facilitator fees and charges. Build and manage relationships with banks/payment facilitators.
· Preparation and review of perodic plans, including production of budgets, forecasts, and capital expenditure. Prepare rolling forecasts of profit/loss and balance sheet. Provide information and prepare reports whenever requested by management team.
· Manage the core accounting team and implement efficient processes for the AR, AP, and GL functions and to ensure accurate financial reporting.
· Assist in preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for the management team. Analyse and provide commentary on relevant account movements.
· Work hand in hand with the audit and compliance team to ensure all statutory reportings are done in a timely manner.
· Ensure financial compliance with internal policies, accounting standards, tax, audit and regulatory requirements within the scope of financial management.
· Implement, maintain, and continuously improve management accounting functions and reporting systems. Develop or recommend solutions to the team for problems and inefficiencies found in processes.
· Manage, develop, and groom team members.
· 2IC to the Finance Director.
· Degree qualified or completion of CIMA, CPA or CA
· Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word), familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (eg. Power BI)
· Experience with Oracle Cloud Fusion
· Experience in the fintech, technology or financial services industries
· Fantastic attitude - must be a team player
· A “hands on” approach and result oriented
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· A keen learner wanting to grow their career
· Demonstrated capability to succeed in a rapidly growing and ambiguous environment
· Management/interpersonal skills including organizational skills, conflict management and information gathering including active listening skills
· Initiative and Proactive
Key Performance Indicators
· End to end ownership of reporting
· Timeliness & accuracy of reporting
· Team management & development
· Contribution to team
· Specific KPIs to be assigned by manager quarterly/annually