About the job Industrial Relations Manager
HR Business Partner managing and overseeing full scope of Employee & Industrial Relations including Training, Documentation, Policies and general matters related to the human resources with focus on Employee and Industrial Relations.
- Provide support service for departmental heads, managers and colleagues in relation to disciplinary process, case investigation, handling grievances, performance and other day-to-day industrial relation matters.
- Establish and implement IR initiatives and enhance awareness to all employees with regards to HR and employment matters
- Spokesperson for the company in all important negotiations with the union including quarterly management-union meeting and collective bargaining negotiations
- Act as liaison officer with panel solicitors, consultants, relevant government bodies, relevant department in IR matters.
- Act as subject matter expert for Employment Act and other related employment legislation.
- Handle company’s grievance channel, analyses the case and take the needful steps.
- Prepare high level reports and summaries and be responsible for the timely submission for all IR-related reports
- Develop, conduct regular review and update the company’s policies, process and procedures to ensure conformity with labour laws and organisational values.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree, Master's Degree in Human Resource Management/Law/Business Studies/Management or equivalent.
- Presently occupying the role of a Manager/Assistant Manager specializing in IR.
- At least 10 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Working knowledge in Employment Act 1955, Industrial Relations Act 1967.
- Knowledge in Collective Agreement or experience working in unionized company will be an added advantage.
- Ability to investigate and produce results within fast-paced business environment.
- Resourceful, excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in IR end-to-end process, IR strategic planning and compliance governance.
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics.
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.
- Analytical and goal oriented.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationship.