Job Openings Procurement Manager
About the job Procurement ManagerThe procurement manager will be responsible to lead, direct and coordinate all aspects of the company's procurement activities in ensuring the acquisitions of goods and services are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The incumbent responsibilities also oversee the procurement across the organization including supervising staff, managing contracts, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, and maintaining accurate records. The incumbent needs to work closely with internal stakeholders to understand business needs, developing procurement strategies and implement initiatives to deliver value to the stakeholders.
- Establishes and implements short and long-term procurement goals, objectives, strategic plans including monitors and evaluates the programme and operational effectiveness.
- Improve and evaluate the centralising of the company procurement activities, and effects changes required for governance of procurement.
- Develops and consistently update policies, procedures, and objectives for the company’s procurement and used as guideline throughout an organisation; in accordance with best practices, procurement codes, guidelines and company policy.
- Responsible in assuring the highest level of ethics in every transaction; and ensure discretionary of authority limits, procurement policies and procedures meet internal and external compliance requirement.
- Reviews and manage procurement contracts; coordinates contract compliance by Business Units and problem resolution in conformance with policies, procedures and regulations; consults with legal as required.
- Co-lead negotiation sessions with vendors with business units on procurement contracts and makes recommendations designed to have an impact result or of substantial annual savings.
- Support, communicate and liaises with business units to determine their procurement needs in Malaysia and overseas.
- A good grasp of the company’s current environment; to include on changes in industry sector, economic and organisational constraints, essential latest products and services knowledge in ensuring best value of procurement and smooth daily operation.
- Produce monthly report and fact sheets for analysis and process improvement to mitigate risks to the company.
- Monitor and review operational efficiency indicators in the respective areas to ensure SLAs and standards are achieved.
- Ensure team development by providing guidance and coaching to each employee so that they are familiar and expert in their respective area.Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in related field; preferably in an area such as supply chain management, contracting, procurement, business administration, economics, finance or accounting.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in strategic sourcing or procurement, of which 3 years should be in managerial role.
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen, able to manage contracting process.
- Experience in establishing and/ or transforming the procurement process, and overseas procurement are added advantage.
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality.
- Creative and skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, developing and implementing new or improved strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to prepare end-to-end tender documentations, requests for quotes, and proposals in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Detail oriented with analytical mind and good with financial/business analysis techniques.
- Highly motivated with good business instincts, active participation, possesses dynamic mindset and a go-getter.
- Have high integrity, accountability and have a strong passion towards nation building.
- People person and have mastery over good networking that enable to work effectively and collaborate simultaneously across internal (especially with procurement team and project team) and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and also financial or data analysis skills.