Job Openings Test Analyst
About the job Test Analyst
What you'll do:
- Understands application business areas and requirements, analyses/clarifies requirements, system specifications and operation design flow.
- Prepares the test strategy, defines the test scope, approach and objectives, also the pre-requisites and pre-conditions for testing.
- Calculates the test efforts, defines the test activities, priorities and test execution schedules.
- Designs and develops test scenarios, test cases with associated test data requirements.
- Maps the scenarios/cases to user stories/requirements using the Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure sufficient test coverage for all business requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Presents and secures signoff on the test strategy, test plan, test scenario and test cases.
- Conducts the UAT readiness check to ensure the UAT environment, user access and other pre-requisites are ready before the commencement of UAT.
- Executes test cases, records test results, captures test evidences using the pre-defined test management tools/process.
- Identifies, captures and raises defects by providing the details for IT investigation and defect reproduction.
- Manages/Reports the UAT execution status and progress, conducts the defect triage calls and monitor defect fixes for retesting, highlights any risks/issues/blockers for mitigation and resolution.
- Work with IT and developers to have defects/issues addressed and retested.
- Documents test results and ensure all test evidences are uploaded into the specified JIRA/QC/Confluence pages.
- Prepares and circulate the UAT Completion Certificate for signoff.
- Conduct the UAT Test Evidence Walkthrough session by presenting test outcomes/results for UAT signoff.
- Participates and provides feedback in the project retrospective or post implementation review sessions.
- Work with Test Leads and Test Manager for continuous improvement of testing methodology.
- Participate in the team engagement to share best practices, lessons learned and improvement opportunities after each project completion.
- 3 years and above of experience in managing and conducting end to end User Acceptance Test for small to medium size banking related projects.
- Good banking domain knowledge in Loans/Mortgage/Cards/Deposits, Distribution channel (eg. Contact Centre, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking), Wealth and Insurance products.
- Experience in managing and executing user acceptance testing, both in an Agile and Waterfall delivery environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience in planning, testing, and defect tracking skills including using a variety of tools such as Quality Centre, JIRA, Confluence.
- Understand application business area and application requirements, specifically in the banking environment.
- Familiar with test-program concerns including test-data management, testing policy, risk and issue reporting and resolution, test design and test development.
- Good knowledge of testing life cycle and proficient in working with test tools.
- Experience in working with diverse teams of different work streams.
- Knowledge and experience on test management and practices.
- Analyst with relevant experience in the coordination and execution of SIT and UAT for multi phased project, preferably in using Agile practice.
- Ability to read/type and speak in Chinese is crucial - Mandarin and Cantonese.