Job Openings Business Strategy Consultant
About the job Business Strategy Consultant
The Business Strategy Consultant will be aligned to a business domain and/or function. The role of the Business Strategy Consultant is to help shape and define the change agenda for the Line of Business / Function they support.
Senior Business Consultants will often play a people/team management role within the projects/programmes they work on.
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Identifying and defining problems related to change delivery for the wider business
- Delivering structure and discipline to an unstructured problem
- Using logic, creative and innovative thinking to devise solutions to business challenges
Business Analysis and Design
- Gathering, analysing, and tracking business requirements and translating these into business solutions and structures
- Understanding the Group Strategy, imperatives and vision and translating these into a business model
- Understanding the impact of change against the target operating model; testing and refining designs with stakeholders and change audiences
Innovation and Idea Management
- Challenging existing thinking, generating new and creative ideas
- Engendering an innovative, learning-oriented culture where all employees feel able to contribute new ideas and approaches as well as involving change audiences in generating new ideas
- Willing to experiment, take risks to consider new and untested approaches and learn from the results
- Looking outside of the organisation at technical and social trends and applying these to idea generation
Delivery at Pace
- Prioritising the work and that of others effectively
- Managing and understanding your capacity and that of your team(s)
Resource and Team Management
- Identifying resourcing gaps and sourcing appropriate resources to close gaps
- Defining responsibilities, objectives, and task allocation
Planning and Plan Management
- Developing the overall change effort into a series of projects, workstreams and/or component activities understanding the effort, schedule, dependencies, and critical path
- Managing material changes to scope, schedule, resources or budget e.g. through a change request process
- Understanding the purpose and priorities of the organisation, both now and in the future
- Thinking and acting commercially within the day-to-day operations
- Identifying short, medium and long-term opportunities to develop business and/or revenue from new or existing Group customers, and responding appropriately
Leading Self and Others
- Leading at all levels to ensure the right results are achieved, in the right way
- Developing yourself and others to bring out the best in everyone in an inclusive way
- Challenging established processes and inefficiencies
- Influencing senior stakeholders
- Being open, honest, clear, and inclusive in communications
- Listening well, checking the messages delivered are understood and inviting feedback appropriately to individuals and/or groups in different situations
- Have a good working knowledge and relationships with one or more areas within the lines of business the Senior Business Consultant is aligned to.
- Be able to demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense.
- Demonstrate effective financial skills to develop a detailed business case, including investments, detailed benefits (financial, non-financial and strategic) and link to overall finances of the business.