About the job Executive, HSE
To facilitate compliance with Environment Safety & Health (ESH) guidelines. ESH will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. ESH will also be on a constant lookout for violations. The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by ESH regulations. The candidate work will be largely focused on prevention so he/she needs to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies. The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics.
- To assist conducting risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Assist to review existing policies and measures and update according to legislations.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- BSc/BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred.
- Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety Technical Skills & Professional Knowledge.
- Facility Management skills is a bonus.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proven experience as Safety Officer. Minimum 3 years experience.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures Competencies.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Familiar with ERM
- Wiling to travel and visit branches and other Group facilities/sites.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent