Job Openings VP, Corporate Strategy
About the job VP, Corporate StrategyThe Vice President, Corporate Strategy will be responsible for:
• The short and long-term strategic plans of the medical tourism industry; Conceptualizing, strategizing, and leading the medical tourism agenda, consistent with the company’s overall vision, mission, and goals; and the organization’s overall corporate performance monitoring and key strategies both at the industry and organization level; to drive growth in both value and volume, position Malaysia as the preferred healthcare travel destination globally and build a sustainable industry.
The incumbent has three units reporting to him/her:
• Strategic Planning (including research)
• Industry Development
• Lead the development and execution of key strategic plans for the industry and organization.
• Direct and oversee short-term and long-term strategic planning for the organization and the industry.
• Ensure that the medical tourism agenda is included at the broader national-level plans and blueprints.
• Sets overall objectives for all areas of the department
• Develop and monitor the effective implementation of operational plans and programs against Ministerial and strategic objectives.
• Identify the regional and global medical tourism and travel environment, trends, and opportunities. Drive thought leadership in Medical Tourism
• Stay abreast of relevant global trends, technological advancements, regulatory environments as well as client/community needs.
• Identify, recommend, and pursue thought leadership opportunities for the company relevant to the department’s area of focus.
• Work closely with relevant company's divisions to pursue timely and excellent execution of thought leadership initiatives. Monitor and manage the performance of sub-units: Strategic Planning/Research, Informatics and Industry Development.
• Build and become the industry and market intelligence unit on global/ regional and local medical tourism, healthcare, travel, and healthcare technology/digital. • Build a database of intelligence and consolidate quality data, analyze and produce insight reports to support the requirements across the organization and publish reports for the industry.
• Ensure timely and effective implementation of action plans.
• Proactively identify and manage the risks/issues that may affect the strategies.