About the job (Anatolia High School) IB Diploma Programme, Teacher of Economics
If you are looking for the next step in your career as an IB Diploma teacher, this may be your chance to join Anatolia College.
Anatolia College, with a history extending over 130 years, is a private nonprofit American educational institution. It is an integrated academic community committed to developing students talents through innovative educational approaches and open inquiry within a culture of academic excellence.
The IB Diploma Teacher of Economics will have a full time schedule mostly comprising of teaching the IBDP Economics Higher or Standard Level curriculum. The rest of the schedule might include teaching of the IBDP Business and Management course or Theory of Knowledge. Other duties include attending department and plenary faculty meetings, covering for absent teachers, meeting parents, in-school duties, escorting students on school trips etc.
You will report to: Anna Petmeza, IB Diploma Coordinator
Contract: 1 year substitution (with possibility for extension to indefinite contract after this substitution year)
Working Pattern: Full time (23-24 teaching periods/week)
Vacations: Off duty for two weeks during New Year and spring breaks respectively. On duty until June 30th. Starting 1st September 2023.
Duties: Teaching duties. Other duties include attending department and plenary faculty meetings, covering for absent teachers, meeting parents, in-school duties, escorting students on school trips etc.
Gross Salary: Competitive, in accordance to Greek educational laws and the schools remuneration policy, depending on qualifications, residence status and proportionate to the hours taught. Health insurance benefits. For overseas hires we could discuss additional benefits (housing on campus or housing allowance, airfares to and from Greece, baggage allowance).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Overall, the teacher should be committed to the schools and IBOs educational goals, diligent in his/her execution of duties, effective in his/her teaching and eager to contribute to out of class activities. Principal responsibilities include:
- To plan, prepare and deliver course materials that will effectively support subject teaching, in line with the Approaches to Teaching and Learning outlined by the IBO.
- To actively pursue the IBDP course aims and objectives while ensuring full and effective syllabus coverage.
- To actively participate in all regular or extraordinary IBDP faculty meetings or subject group meetings.
- To effectively carry out any out-of-class duties assigned by the IBDP Coordinator.
- To take part in the schools extracurricular program.
Am I a good fit for the job? Check below
University degree in the relevant field(s)
Experience in teaching relevant subject(s) at secondary schools
Excellent command of the English language
Teaching certificate or teaching license that would allow one to teach in a public school in EU countries
- Experience in teaching Economics for the IB Diploma
- Experience in teaching Business-Management for the IB Diploma
- IB workshops, category 1 or 2 in Economics for the IB Diploma
- Experience in teaching TOK or supervising CAS for the IBDP
Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Essential: Bachelor Degree in Economics
- Additional qualifications (MSc/MBA/PhD) is an asset
- Experience working in a school is considered an asset
If you are interested in the position, check what we need
- Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position
- Complete Curriculum Vitae
While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application package, in English by 31/3/23.
It is the policy of Anatolia College to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic.
*Please name the document's title that will be attached to your resume, after your full name.