About the job Head of Direct Procurement
About our Client
Our Client is an MNC and has a market lead position in the Lifestyle Consumer Electronics industry, with a multi-million turnover in worldwide markets. The company has a vision to combine innovation, knowledge and products. With increasing demand and new business ventures, they are currently looking for a Head of Direct Procurement to be an integral part of their business to assist and continue to improve the Value Chain.
Your major responsibilities will involve managing your category portfolio mainly in Tooling & Equipment and Resin, as well as extensive stakeholder engagement. This is a strategic leadership position with a global portfolio.
Your other responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and execute procurement strategy globally within your categories – Tooling & Equipment and Resin
- Full ownership of strategy within a USD 100 million spend in a high mix, high volume environment
- P&L management
- Strategic sourcing and negotiation with Vendors and Suppliers
- Perform root-cause analysis and identify gaps for improvements
- Extensive stakeholder engagement & management
- Development and management of 10 direct reports across the region
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Engineering (any field) and you must have a significant years of experience in Strategic Procurement in Tooling & Equipment and Resin as well as people management. Experience in Semi-con, Manufacturing, EMS, and Electronic sectors will be an advantage. You should also be strong with analytics as well as be sensitive to trends. Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential.
What’s on Offer?
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their excellent vision for the future. The company has a strong innovative culture and takes pride in work-life balance. High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies.