Job Openings APAC Sourcing Category Assistant Manager
About the job APAC Sourcing Category Assistant Manager
About our Client
Our Client specializes in manufacturing B2B and B2C products that can be used across a wide variety of industries. They have identified Singapore as their Regional Hub and are looking to hire a Category Manager for Raw Materials.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, main responsibilities include implementing sourcing strategies to promote best practices with the involvement of projects and process optimisations.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Spearhead (own and execute) the sourcing strategy for the business and work closely the business and manufacturing teams for the region.
• Develop and drive supplier and category strategy for the region.
• Establish and lead contract negotiations with suppliers and key stakeholders in the region.
• Continuously drive supplier performance metrics and identify supplier selection process for the region.
• Drive and perform data analysis on cost, supplier and markets.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you should more than 8 years of sourcing experience within a complex organisation. You should have hands-on experience conducting RFP’s, strategy development and cost modelling. In addition, you should have strong communication with the ability to influence stakeholders and challenge current processes.
What’s on Offer?
You will be in an organization that is expanding with strong growth emphasis on the Singapore office as it is their regional office. Opportunity for moving across categories and business units are common as they have a diversified portfolio of products.