About the job Category Manager, IT
About our Client
Our Client is a Global MNC and has a market lead position in the Professional Services industry, with a multi-billion turnover in worldwide markets. The company has a vision to provide and deploy data, insights and knowledge to develop innovative strategies and intelligent solutions to meet the complex realities demand. With an expanding business footprint, they are currently looking for a Category Manager, IT to play a crucial role in the Procurement Department’s continued development and success.
Reporting to the Chief Procurement Officer for Asia, main responsibilities for developing and implementing Category Plans for IT Professional Services, IT Staff augmentation, and IT Outsourcing arrangements.
Your other responsibilities include:
- Manage and coordinate all contracting activities for medium to large scale categories
- Lead negotiations of complex agreements, oversee all stages of strategic procurement, and provide contract oversight, review, and execution
- Perform thorough analysis to support the development, execution, and management of category plans that identify opportunities for operational efficiencies, drive cost savings, mitigate risk, and improve safety
- Monitor and assess market of assigned categories to anticipate potential disruptions due to regulatory, political, commercial climates, and natural disasters
- Develop exposure/impact analysis and implement avoidance or mitigation measures
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree qualification in a business or information technology related or equivalent preferred. You must have a minimum 7 years of work-related experience in category management, strategic sourcing, or other procurement-related role. IT outsourcing services experience required. Demonstrates energy, gravitas and determination in the implementation of projects and initiatives. You should also have good interpersonal skills engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
What’s on Offer?
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their excellent vision for the future. The company creates, manages and maintains environments that make life easier, more productive and enjoyable. High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies.