Job Openings Demand Planning Manager
About the job Demand Planning Manager
About our Client
Our Client is a well-established American MNC specializing within the Medical Device industry. They employ over 50,000 people and manufacture their products in 10 facilities globally. They have a vision to improve the lives of people with their products and are looking to hire a Demand Planning Manager to support the growth in Shanghai.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, main responsibilities include driving the demand management process to be consistent with S&OP and Demand Planning Process Quality guidelines in Shanghai.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
· Collaborate and interact with sales and marketing to understand demand forecast drivers for replenishment process.
· Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
· Make recommended adjustments to forecasts and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
· Manage inventory targets including safety stock levels, re-order points.
· Work closely with global stakeholders based in the US and Europe.
· Lead monthly S&OP meeting with sales and marketing teams to achieve cross-functional alignment and effective supply chain management including forecasting and inventory management.
· Drive process improvement projects to reduce surplus inventory levels.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you should more than 5 years of experience within the Demand Forecasting function which includes S&OP. Ability to converse in English is essential as this role works closely with stakeholders in the US and Europe. As this role is based in Shanghai, candidates based in Shanghai will be highly considered.
What’s on Offer?
You will be in an organization that is has great welfare benefits for their employees with a strong senior leadership team who has clear directions for the business.