About the job Commercial & Procurement Specialists - Defence Canberra
ArcBlue is a specialist procurement consultancy with the mission to support our clients to deliver positive change through procurement. That means supporting them to achieve more efficiency, more insight, more social outcomes, more value, more clarity, more influence, more flexible, more assurance, more savings, more visibility… and more!
We offer a broad range of consulting, contracting, training & analytics services to our clients that cover the end-to-end procurement lifecycle, and have clients in private sector and local, state and federal government including Defence.
We operate across Asia Pacific with offices in several locations in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
ArcBlue was started by passionate procurement people, motivated to support organisations in their journey towards best practice and positive outcomes.
We believe our clients want practical, hands-on advice from experienced professionals, not theory from academics, and we purposefully build our team with like-minded professionals who share this philosophy.
Part of the ArcBlue Consulting procurement network, ArcBlue Defence is a SME sized business consultancy unit that specialises in Australian Defence procurement & contracting with offices in Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra & Sydney.
Want to find out more? Check out our website – www.arcblue.com.au.
About the Role
In response to increasing client demand in the Defence Sector we are inviting expressions of interest from Commercial / Procurement Specialists who are keen to add their skills & personality to our unique culture.
ArcBlue Defence is a panellists on the new Defence Support Services (DSS) Panel for the Department of Defence Capability, Acquisition & Sustainment Group (CASG), who have the challenge of purchasing $200bn of new military equipment for the ADF over the next ten years.
CASG is seeking support from industry & has committed to 25% of its consulting needs sourced from SME sized consultancy firms on the new DSS Panel, through the newly appointed Major Service Providers.
This has been deemed critical to help achieve the First Principles Review recommendations, & to help drive better value for money with more sustainable outcomes.
Various opportunities are based across Australia, principally in Canberra, Melbourne & Adelaide.
· Provide strategic business advice to Defence Sector management
· Design & develop business improvement strategies
· Lead commercial arrangement strategies & contracting methods in complex projects
· Facilitate tender evaluations and contract negotiations
· Project & Program Management
· Defence Sector experience strongly preferred
· Experience with ASDEFCON suite of tendering & contracting templates preferred
· Understanding of the Defence Procurement Policy Manual
· Ability to obtain Defence Security clearance essential
· To meet Commonwealth security requirements, candidates must be Australian Citizens
· Must be a qualified practitioner with specific qualifications or industry training
· Experience with major capital acquisition projects or complex ICT
· Strong technical skills in procurement or related fields
· Project management & analytics skills
· Must excel in collaboration, facilitation & stakeholder management
· Deep respect for public probity and ethical standards
· Key to your success is your enthusiasm, team orientation and commercial acumen.
· You might be working on multiple projects simultaneously, so your ability to work autonomously and efficiently will complement this role.
· We offer flexible working arrangements for the right candidate, with salary commensurate with experience.
Our Offer to You
· The ArcBlue team brings a reputable passion & professionalism to client engagements
· A range of exciting major projects, leveraging 40 years of corporate memory & easy-to-deploy intellectual property
· Opportunities to join our small but friendly team on full time or part time basis
· Employee or Contracting opportunities, salaried or pre-approved day-rates
· Possibility to contribute to and gain experience from a variety of projects
· Ongoing National opportunities
· An opportunity to make a difference
Applications are currently being taken for consideration.
For more information on this role or opportunities within ArcBlue contact Georgia Reeks at firstname.lastname@example.org.