Job Openings Procurement / Supply Chain Consultant
About the job Procurement / Supply Chain Consultant
ArcBlue is a leading specialist procurement & supply chain consultancy operating across the Asia Pacific. Our mission is to deliver positive change through procurement.
We support organisations to use procurement as a platform to achieve more – more savings, more efficiency, more insight, more social outcomes, more value, more clarity, more influence, more flexibility, more assurance or more visibility.
We have over 100 consultants as well as a pool of specialist on-demand project support and expert network.
Our team’s expertise spans all aspects of procurement and supply chain and each of our consultants has practical industry experience.
Location: Perth, WA
Employment Type: Full-time / Part-time
The primary purpose of the Consultant role is to actively contribute to the delivery of projects to clients. In particular, this includes delivery of projects within the product lines:
• Sustainable & Social Procurement
• Advisory & Change
• Public Sector advisory
• Infrastructure projects
• Capability development
The Consultant will provide support in the preparation and delivery of projects across Procurement and Supply Chain needs of public and private sector clients. The Consultant is therefore expected to have a core skill set and adaptability, willingness to learn and enthusiasm to support a diverse range of project requirements.
The Consultant’s secondary purpose is to support ArcBlue’s business growth with a strong focus in Western Australia. This position will support the Western Australia team with identifying leads, preparing proposals, and other related business development activities that contribute to achieving business growth. There may be requirements for assisting in marketing and lead generation support in consultation with the Corporate Services team.
This position will work to achieve excellence in client value and will be measured by sales activity, ongoing growth, renewal of contracts, repeat work and project delivery utilisation. The Consultant will be able to identify opportunities to build their skills and develop networks to identify opportunities to grow their contribution, build the client base and profitability of the business.
The Consultant will be expected to have knowledge of, and ability to support the Team and Clients with regards to:
• Analysis of financial data and the implications in terms of managing expenditure with third party suppliers
• Analysis of supply markets including trends, types of market and the development of appropriate purchasing strategies
• Understanding of product specification and inherent cost drivers
• Price Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Inventory Management
• Purchasing systems and e-procurement
• Supplier Management including appraisal techniques, performance improvement and relationship management
• Sustainable and Social procurement
• Supporting a range of business development activities across private and public-sector clients
• Developing and maintaining client relationships
• Supporting projects and project teams
Qualifications & Experience
• Tertiary qualifications in procurement commerce/finance/business or a related discipline
• Advanced PowerPoint skills or proficiency with aptitude & interest to develop advanced skills
• Moderate Microsoft Excel skills with aptitude & interest to develop further
• Financial literacy and basic to moderate financial analysis skills (ability to distinguish capital and operating expenses, ability to undertake basic discounted cash flow modelling, working knowledge of profit & loss statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and how to interpret)
• Flexibility to work outside of standard hours, with the ability to travel (potential for domestic and / or international travel), if and when required
• Able to work independently without direct supervision
• Completion of work or assigned tasks within agreed deadlines
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Good planning, prioritisation, and time management skills
• Ability to maintain well-structured documentation of the work undertaken
• Team fit and ability to develop an excellent collaborative working relationship with both clients and ArcBlue colleagues
• Previous management consulting experience
• Previous Procurement or Supply Chain experience in an operations or consulting role
• Any CIPS qualification (Certificate, Diploma or MCIPS)
• Facilitation and project management skills
• Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
• Basic programming skills (VBA, R or Python)
• Experience with advanced data visualisation tools such as R, PowerBI or Tableau
● ArcBlue Regional Manager SA/WA
● ArcBlue Managing Consultant WA
● ArcBlue Partners
● ArcBlue Corporate Services function