About the job Solutions Architect
Solution Architect Job Description
- no one is "above" or "too good" for anything that needs to be done
- people are judged on the things they do, not their job title, or tenure
- no one is a full-time manager / supervisor / work off-loader, everyone tries to help each other improve
- no problem is insurmountable
If you believe in these principles keep reading….
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Solutions Architect to help architect and implement the software platform for a new digital asset exchange that is focused on an institutional client base.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience designing and building the technical architecture of financial real time trading systems.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of the full architectural design of software products, whilst working with cross functional teams in different geographical locations.
The candidate will have proven product experience that focuses on capital markets technologies who can bring a wealth of experience to the team and drive delivery of the product.
The Solution Architect is expected to significantly impact and drive product delivery by architecting and orchestrating solutions that map our current business requirements to end-to-end technology solutions.
Key accountabilities include:
- Develop, design and architect the development of innovative, scalable, and resilient products that align with the business requirements
- Evaluating project constrains to find alternatives, alleviate risks, and perform re-engineering if required
- Quantifies the needs of the business to achieve value outcomes, champions required methodology, creating new IP and shares recommended best practices
- Drives delivery excellence ensuring quality transformation plans and solutions are delivered
- Performs risk management and architectural oversight for cross domain solutions working in tandem with the development team
- Participates in opportunity development focused on complex solutions in line with company strategy
The Solution Architect should be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Ability to engage in senior level IT and business decision makers’ discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end IT
- Act as enabler for the development team across our business
- Apply advanced analysis skills and experience in the principals of architectural design
- Be credible by possessing current and deep knowledge of architecture design, as it relates the industry needs of the product
The Solution Architect should have expert level knowledge required to assist our team in architecting, planning, testing, and deploying solutions and their experience should include the following:
- The ideal candidate will be degree educated with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Experience with capital markets and trading software
- Proven experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work
- Deep technical knowledge in architecting solutions with containerized technologies (Docker/Kubernetes) and understanding of CI/CD and DevOps secure practices
- Experience of cloud-based AWS technologies
- Experience of DB management using noSQL/MySQL, caching and application middleware architectures.
- Understanding of enterprise deployment and scaling in complex heterogeneous environments
- Ability to move between high-level architectural review/design and lower-level implementation by fully understanding the SDLC
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)
It would be nice to have additional technical understanding in the following areas:
- Understanding of securities trading (debt, equity, derivatives, hybrids), associated financial markets
- Understanding of blockchain technologies
- Has previously worked with Electron
- Understanding in architecting solutions with Messaging architecture (ZeroMQ/Pub/Sub/WebSockets/Protobufs) and has previously worked with C++
- Has previously worked with multi-threaded real-time/low latency systems.
- 25 days holiday, raising up to 30 days with years of service
- Career opportunities to grow and scale with a startup company
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing, and future thinking industry
Archax is a London headquartered company, founded by experts from the traditional and regulated capital markets. We are a provider of institutional-grade exchange services intended to facilitate the trading of cryptocurrencies and digital assets. Our solutions are built using existing, proven, resilient, scalable, high-performance Infrastructure, hosted in top-tier datacenter space, and integrated into the existing institutional trading workflow.
We were the first ever FCA regulated digital securities exchange and have a development center located in the Philippines, with staff in both Manila and Cebu.