About the job Accountant CPA (Cebu/Manila)
THIS IS A REMOTE WORK. OPEN TO MANILA AND NON-MANILA RESIDENTS.
**no agencies at this time please
- no one is "above" or "too good" for anything that needs to be done
- people are judged on the things they do, not their job title, or tenure
- no one is a full-time manager/supervisor/work off-loader, everyone tries to help each other improve
- no problem is insurmountable
If you believe in these principles keep reading….
The accountant is a motivated and cross-functional role to undertake all aspects of financial management and operations, including but not limited to accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, end-to-end payroll, and benefits management, as well as maintain a documented system of internal control policies and procedures. The ideal candidate enjoys running the day-to-day operational aspects of the business, solving problems, coaching financial team members, building, and honoring the culture, and streamlining processes and operations.
- Administers and monitors the financial system to ensure that the company finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems to ensure complete and accurate records of all resources
- Administers bi-monthly end-to-end payroll processing of at least 40 Full-time Employees (FTE) to ensure that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner, including bonuses, 13th month pay, adjustments, Alpha listing, BIR 2316, and ad-hoc requests.
- Prepares, monitors, and updates the following
- Financial Statement (FS)
- Trial Balance
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Bank Reconciliation using adjusted balance method
- Supporting Schedules (General Ledgers, General Journals, Fixed Asset Depreciation Schedule, List of Accruals and Prepayments – if any)
- Manual Books of Account
- General Journals
- General Ledgers
- Cash Receipts Journal
- Cash Disbursement Journal
- Sales Journal
- Purchase Journal
- BIR Tax Returns Compliance
- Withholding Tax Expanded (WE)
- Monthly Remittance Form of Creditable Income Tax Withheld-Expanded (BIR Form 0619-E)
- Quarterly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Tax Withheld-Expanded (BIR Form 1601-EQ)
- Quarterly Alpha list of Payees (QAP) attachment to 1601-EQ
- Monthly Remittance Form of Final Income Taxes Withheld (BIR Form 0619-F), as applicable
- Quarterly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld (BIR Form 1601-FQ), as applicable
- Quarterly Alpha list of Payees (QAP) attachment to 1601-FQ, as applicable
- Withholding Tax Compensation (WC)
- Monthly Withholding Tax on Compensation (BIR Form 1601C)
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Income Tax
- Quarterly Income Tax Return (BIR Form 1702Q)
- Summary Alpha list of Withholding Tax (SAWT) if applicable
- Documentary Stamp Tax
- Process and monitor BIR electronic Filing Payment System (eFPS)
- Annual Tax Compliance
- Prepares, updates, and submits remittances and reports to government agencies, as follows:
- Social Security System (SSS)
- PhilHealth Insurance (PhilHealth)
- Home Development Mutual Fund / Pag-ibig Fund (HDMF)
- Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Processes and updates SEC and GIS docs, renewal of business permits, Liquidation Reports/Petty Cash Fund Replenishment Report
- Processes and monitor government mandated benefits like SSS Maternity, Sickness, EC, and validates government loan applications (SSS Salary loan and HDMF Multipurpose loan)
- Answers employee’s inquiries on loan applications, benefits qualification, leave application and leave credits, government contributions and loan payment though emails, phone, and verbal inquiries.
- Administers employee files and records to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances by keeping information confidential.
- Responsible for enforcing budgets, maintaining an organized, accurate, and efficient process of paying the suppliers and other stakeholders
- Provides analytical report and maintain productive business relationships at all levels of the organization, particularly at the executive level (COO, CFO, CTO, CEO)
- Monitors of allocated leaves (leave credits and leave applications) in Breath HR.
- Performs other functions which may be assigned by the Line Manager.
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy or Management Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) professional
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in Accounting specializing in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent in a fast-paced multinational corporate (MNC) setting
- Must have at least three (3) years hands-on experience with end-to-end Payroll Management and Benefits Administration.
- Experience in developing and/or using financial databases and processes, including bookkeeping and record keeping
- Excellent computer literacy skills, including skills in MS Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and business correspondence.
- Mastery about processes with Business Permit, SEC, BIR, and other government statutory reportorial requirements (SSS, HDMF/Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth)
- Familiarity with Accounting Software (Xero, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, PeachTree, Conduit, etc.) is an advantage
- Excellent strategic planning skills and sense of urgency to meet deadline
- Flexible, detailed oriented, highly organized, able to successfully accept change and able to interact with all levels of the team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated abilities to establish, develop, and maintain productive business relationships at all levels of the organization, particularly at the executive level (COO, CFO, CTO, CEO)
- Ready for immediate employment in October 2021
About Archax PH7
Archax pH7 Inc. is an information technology company providing software and application development, back-office tech support and a wide range of consultancy / advisory services to the Archax Group.
Founded by experts from traditional and regulated capital markets professionals, Archax’s solutions are built using existing, proven, resilient, scalable, high-performance infrastructure, hosted in top-tier datacentre space, and integrated into the existing institutional trading workflow.
At Archax, we believe in "one vision one company", and conduct ourselves accordingly to provide our clients with first class services globally. "You have an idea, we have the solution."
Archax PH7 Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Archax Holdings Ltd (UK).
Archax Holdings Ltd is the first ever digital securities exchange regulated by the FCA in London. Targeted at institutions, Archax also has its FCA brokerage, custody and cryptoasset permissions.
Archax offers a credible bridge between the blockchain world and the existing investment space. The Archax team is used to working in highly regulated markets and has a deep understanding of the blockchain landscape and tokenisation too – as well as a vision of how to evolve them and open up digital assets to institutions in a transparent manner.
- Full-time, Permanent
Work From Home arrangements due to COVID-19
- Php80,000.00 – Php100,000.00 per month
- Additional leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hours shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- 13th month salary
Note: Applicants can apply remotely for this position.