About the job React.js Full Stack Developer (London, UK)
- no one is "above" or "too good" for anything that needs to be done
- people are judged on the things they do, not their job title, or tenure
- no one is a full-time manager/supervisor/work off-loader, everyone tries to help each other improve
- no problem is insurmountable
- If you believe in these principles keep reading….
Archax is a London head quartered company with development centres located in the South East Asia.
An opportunity has arisen for Full stack developers to help implement the software platform for a new digital asset exchange; focused on an institutional client base. The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of developing scalable mission critical financial systems, working with global teams, ensuring best practices, and staying within agreed project timelines.
As a Developer you will make recommendations for tools, maintenance, and testing strategies and assist with creating a maintainable application landscape alongside other Developers, Leads, and Architects.
Working for this employer as they experience continued growth you will have a unique opportunity to enhance and develop your career working on high profile projects with like-minded and skilled colleagues who are as passionate about providing best in class expertise as you are.
The Full Stack Developer is expected to significantly impact and drive the software development function by developing and maintaining applications that map our current business requirements to end-to-end technology solutions.
Key accountabilities include:
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and deploy applications with a clean code approach.
- Research new technologies, multi-tasking on multiple projects with other team members.
- Follow software development processes and coding conventions, using Agile/SCRUM principles, and working closely with other team members, Leads, Scrum Masters, Architects, and Testers.
- Break down detailed specifications and implement technical requirements based upon the needs of the company and its clients.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner in a highly scalable development environment.
- Contribute ideas to improve process and development practices.
- Join all required SCRUM meetings with stakeholders and product/business owners, ensuring all relevant information to the team and project are shared and discussed.
- Support and coordinate with other team members and our clients.
Full Stack Developers should have excellent technical knowledge in analysing, developing, testing, and deploying solutions and their experience should include the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent) and at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven success and expertise in developing innovative solutions and proof-of-concepts both internally and externally.
- Proven experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk for development tasks in tandem with the Development Leads, Architects, and Scrum Masters.
- Proven experience producing well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices.
- Excellent technical knowledge in developing solutions using Microservices and Node/Typescript/React;
- Excellent technical knowledge in developing solutions with Messaging architecture (ZeroMQ/Pub/Sub/WebSockets/Protobufs);
- Excellent technical knowledge in developing solutions with mySQL;
- Excellent technical knowledge in developing solutions with containerized technologies (Docker/Kubernetes) and understanding of CI/CD and DevOps secure practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud and in particular AWS, ideally with experience in banking/fintech sectors and industries.
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing an understanding of the customer business value associated with the deployment of modern financial productivity, system-to-system, and end-user applications.
- Proven experience working within a software development team, mentoring, and offering advice, having passion about development, and engendering a collective mentality.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written).
- It would be nice to have additional technical understanding in the following areas:
- Has previously worked in the financial service industry and has experience with capital markets and trading software solutions.
- Understanding in implementing blockchain solutions.
- Has previously worked with Electron.
- Has previously worked with multi-threaded real-time/low latency systems.
- Understanding of application architecture including the use of cloud-based technology capabilities such as AWS Blockchain/Lambda/Beanstalk/Serverless, Application Life Cycle Management and Application Platform processes and technology capabilities, Data and DB Management using noSQL/MySQL, Caching, and application middleware architectures.
Founded by experts from traditional and regulated capital markets professionals, Archax’s solutions are built using existing, proven, resilient, scalable, high-performance infrastructure, hosted in top-tier datacentre space, and integrated into the existing institutional trading workflow.
At Archax, we believe in "one vision one company", and conduct ourselves accordingly to provide our clients with first class services globally. "You have an idea, we have the solution."
Archax Holdings Ltd is the first ever digital securities exchange regulated by the FCA in London. Targeted at institutions, Archax also has its FCA brokerage, custody and cryptoasset permissions.
Archax offers a credible bridge between the blockchain world and the existing investment space. The Archax team is used to working in highly regulated markets and has a deep understanding of the blockchain landscape and tokenisation too – as well as a vision of how to evolve them and open up digital assets to institutions in a transparent manner.