About the job QA Automation - Performance Tester (Cebu/Manila)
At Archax it's our principle to THRIVE:
- Teamwork – Colleagues, customers and partners working in balance.
- Humility - check our egos at the door, no pretense for roles or titles.
- Responsibility – accountable for our actions and delivery.
- Innovation – Always forward thinking, strive to create a better way, every day.
- Valued – Support and reward the journey of our people.
- Expertise – Seek to grow knowledge in our market.
What's In It for You:
✔ Highly Competitive Salary
✔ Benefits: Health Insurance (for you and your 2 family members covered by the company), Employee Life Insurance, Additional Leaves
✔ Set-up: Temporary Work from Home Due to Covid
✔ Opportunity to build and grow the technology that will lead the evolution in digital asset trading
✔ Opportunity to enhance and develop your career and portfolio through working on high-profile projects
✔ Opportunity to work with skilled multicultural talents passionate about providing best in class expertise as you are
Archax is an FCA-regulated Multi-lateral Trading Facility (MTF) operating a trading and primary platform for professional and institutional clients. Our vision is to develop a truly digital capital market ecosystem that connects traditional market infrastructure with blockchain and DLT technologies.
Archax pH7 Inc. is an information technology company providing software and application development, back-office tech support and a wide range of consultancy / advisory services to its clients in the fintech industry.
Archax PH7 Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Archax Holdings Ltd (UK).
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced QA Automation Engineer - Performance Tester to work in a test team that will be testing the software platform for a new digital asset exchange; focused on an institutional client base. The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of testing scalable mission critical financial systems, working with global teams, ensuring best testing practices, and staying within agreed project timelines.
As a Manual QA Automation Engineer - Performance Testing, you will work within a team of QA Engineers (both Manual and Automation), assisting with creating a maintainable application landscape alongside the QA Manager, QA Deputy Manager, Development Leads, Developers, and Scrum Masters.
Working for this employer as they experience continued growth you will have a unique opportunity to enhance and develop your career working on high profile projects with like-minded and skilled colleagues who are as passionate about providing best in class expertise as you are.
The QA Automation Engineer - Performance Tester is expected to significantly impact the QA Engineering team function by acting as a key member of the Test team, ensuring exceptional testing across all applications that map our current business requirements to end-to-end technology solutions.
Key accountabilities include:
- Design, develop, and implement manual testing strategy and approach;
- Perform performance testing and provide performance test report and recommendations;
- Identify baselines of performance tests, continuously improve performance testing approach;
- Analyze and design test plans and cases in order to test our Product range, acting as a member of the QA Engineering team;
- Research new technologies, multi-tasking on multiple projects with other team members;
- Follow software development processes and testing conventions, using Agile/SCRUM principles and working closely with other QA Engineers, Development Leads, Developers, and Scrum Masters;
- Break down detailed specifications and implement testing requirements based upon the needs of the Product team, Stakeholders, and Clients;
- Motivate and mentor colleagues, supporting and acting by example;
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner in a highly scalable development environment;
- Contribute ideas to improve testing process and overall development practices;
- Work with the SCRUM Masters and Development Leads to coordinate within SCRUM meetings with the Product team/Stakeholders, ensuring all relevant information to the Test team and project are shared and discussed;
- Conduct test case reviews alongside the other QA Engineers, the Deputy QA Manager and the QA Manager;
- Conduct meetings with other QA Engineers in the Test team as well as Product team/Stakeholders in English.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
The Performance Tester should have excellent knowledge in all areas of testing, and especially in performance testing and their experience should include the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of relevant work experience as a QA/QE in previous roles;
- Advanced/Expert command of JMeter in its uses and capabilities
- Experience in functional, sanity testing, black/white box testing, static testing, positive and negative testing, security testing;
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases and performing testing;
- Advance/Expert in load/stress testing (JMeter, LoadRunner, LoadStorm);
- Experience using Build Performance testing tools and platforms;
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities including but not limited to estimation, test planning, test design, performance testing, test execution,
- 3+ years of experience in Performance Testing, Performance Engineering, and identifying bottlenecks for Performance Tuning,
- Familiarity with development technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, TypeScript, C++ (from a testing POV) is a plus;
- Experience with collaborative team software tools (Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint);
- Passion for product quality/attention to detail in uncovering hard to find scenarios and bugs;
- Very good written and oral communication level in English language.
It would be nice to have additional testing understanding in the following areas:
- Has previously worked in the financial service industry and has experience with testing capital markets and trading software solutions;
- Understanding in testing blockchain solutions;
- Testing with Electron platforms;
Archax is an equal opportunities employer and places a high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on any attribute.