About the job Risk Manager
Risk Manager Job Description:
At Archax it's our principle to THRIVE:
- Teamwork – Colleagues, customers and partners working in balance.
- Humility - check our egos at the door, no pretence for roles or titles.
- Responsibility – accountable for our actions and delivery.
- Innovation – Always forward thinking, strive to create a better way, every day.
- Valued – Support and reward the journey of our people.
- Expertise – Seek to grow knowledge in our market.
Archax is an FCA-regulated Multi-lateral Trading Facility (MTF) operating a trading and primary platform for professional and institutional clients. Our vision is to develop a truly digital capital market ecosystem that connects traditional market infrastructure with Blockchain and DLT technologies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Risk Manager with the responsibility of monitoring risk to maintain an effective and fit for purpose Risk Management framework across all levels of the company. You will support the development and embedding of a risk management culture, which includes risk policies and procedures and risk management processes.
- Assigning outcomes to risks
- Carrying out detailed walkthroughs and process mapping to identify risk areas
- Design and enhance the MI for the risk function
- Responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of ongoing/occurring risks and issues to the Archax Exco and ARC
- Work with teams on risk mitigations
- Help develop and grow the risk team including the internal audit function
- Develop and oversee the incident response management process
- Active member of the audit, risk and compliance committee
- Stay on top of market and regulatory developments
- Responsibility for risk assessment of outsourcers.
- Responsibility for maintaining the Archax Risk Framework, Matrix and policies.
- 10yrs of experience in a similar risk management role/ financial markets desirable
Other required Skillset
- Prudential knowledge and experience is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership, responsibility and accountability of projects
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including problem solving and solution-orientated thinking
- Able to use initiative, work unsupervised and comfortable taking responsibility
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business
- Degree or relevant industry qualifications – desirable
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Statutory Pension contributions
- Private Health Care (after 2 years’ service this extends to family cover)
- Casual work environment.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing, and future thinking industry.
- Opportunity to attend events and represent the company.
- Encouraged and supported in developing Crypto knowledge.
- 25 days holiday, raising up to 30 days with years of service.
- Career opportunities to grow and scale with a start-up company.