About the job QA Automation Engineer (Cebu/Manila)
What's in it for you?
- Highly competitive (above industry) salary
- Health insurance (includes cover for you and 2 family members)
- Employee life insurance
- Additional leave
- Mandatory Government benefits (SSS, PhilHealth, Pag-IBIG)
- Temporary work from home due to Covid
- Opportunity to build and grow the technology that will lead the evolution in digital asset trading
- Opportunity to enhance and develop your career and portfolio through working on high-profile projects
- Opportunity to work with skilled multicultural talents passionate about providing best in class expertise
- Encouraged and supported in developing crypto knowledge
Archax is an FCA-regulated Multi-lateral Trading Facility (MTF) operating a trading and primary platform for professional and institutional clients. Our vision is to develop a truly digital capital market ecosystem that connects traditional market infrastructure with blockchain and DLT technologies.
Archax pH7 Inc. is an information technology company providing software and application development, back-office tech support and a wide range of consultancy / advisory services to its clients in the fintech industry.
Archax PH7 Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Archax Holdings Ltd (UK).
An opportunity has arisen for a QA automation engineer to test the software platform for a new digital asset exchange; focused on an institutional client base. The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of building scalable mission critical systems in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for success and will be never satisfied by achieving the bare minimum. They will be of an entrepreneurial mind set and have a real passion for detail and customer care. They will be someone who relishes a challenge and flourishes on seeing their team improve and achieve targets.
- Design, develop and implement best quality practices and processes for product development.
- Design detailed test cases, test scenarios and step definition using feature files to satisfy user stories utilizing a BDD/ATDD approach.
- Write automated tests using Cypress
- Write automated test scripts for web and API
- Create and maintain test cases using test case management tool
- Identify test strategies, test cases, test scripts that ensure high quality and coverage of functionality, integration and performance of components or system
- Participate in sprint activities, test preparation, creating manual and automated test cases
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Identify, record, document test results thoroughly and track bugs.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Troubleshoot and discover root cause of complex issues
- Collaborate with Developers to continuously improve the testability and robustness of the codebase
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Adhere to standards and practices.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years experience as a QA Automation Engineer.
- Fundamental critical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong risk management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- A results-oriented outlook with the ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives.
- Experience in identifying complex test cases including edge cases
- Ability to identify productivity and efficiency improvements and quickly adapt to changes
- Ability to partner with other project stakeholders to resolve issues and to mitigate project impacts.
- Experience creating SQL query for validating tests and creating test data.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience in API testing using tools like Insomnia or postman.
- Working knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, and Bitbucket.
- Hands-on experience with automated Java Script based testing framework is a plus.
- Worked in an early stage start-up
- Worked in the finance industry
- Worked in an Agile environment
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and build pipelines
- Experience analyzing and testing large ERP or Financial IT systems.
- Experience in finance with real time trading systems/market data.
- Experience in working in a regulated financial firm.
- Experienced in working with multinational global teams.
Archax is an equal opportunities employer and places a high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on any attribute