About the job Head of Operations
*** This is an office based role, you must be able to commute to and work in the City of London as a norm***
Archax is an FCA-regulated Multi-lateral Trading Facility (MTF) operating a trading and primary platform for professional and institutional clients. Our vision is to develop a truly digital capital market ecosystem that connects traditional market infrastructure with blockchain and DLT technologies.
An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Operations to run the day-to-day operations for a global regulated digital securities exchange, based in London, focused on an institutional client base.
Reporting to the COO, the Head of Operations will have responsibility for overseeing the Operations team to ensure the smooth running of the exchange whilst assisting with the building out of new products and services. The Operations team includes a range of functions, covering client and Issuer onboarding, Custodian, Broker and MTF operations. You will take responsibility for Operations and how the Operations team functions on a daily basis.
The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of creating and running processes from start to finish and overseeing an operations team, preferably within a regulated environment. You will be able to look at Operations and its functions strategically, to always put in place the most efficient and automated processes where possible. Archax is growing and scaling up, but sometimes we still have to use and make do with manual processes, so you must be able to cope with that.
You will have experience of working in Financial Services, ideally in an exchange trading environment and have run teams before and be a team player with excellent people skills. Having some experience of a start-up/scale up would be valuable as would having a deep interest in blockchain, tokenisation, and fintech.
- Lead the Operations team.
- Be responsible for MTF day to day operations; including client/Issuer onboarding and Market Operations functions.
- Ensure processes exist across every part of Operations.
- Set up and run operations for any cryptocurrency Custody/Broker services as they are launched.
- Management/operation of client support function including inbound query-handling, platform connectivity, product, and platform information.
- Understand and adapt existing Operational processes and technologies to be efficient and fully compliant with UK and global regulatory requirements.
- Recommend and implement changes or enhancements to the Operations software and technology stack.
- Work with the Archax compliance team to ensure regulatory guidelines and processes are followed relating to AML/KYC etc. during the onboarding process.
- Ownership of operational objectives, SLA’s and KPIs etc.
- Build relationships across the organisation with the different teams that Operations interact with.
- Work with the IT teams and other internal departments, on making improvements in operational workflows and detailing business requirements.
- Collaborate with operational teams to identify process and platform improvements.
- Day to day management of the Operations team including KPI’s, objectives and training.
- A minimum of 10 years experience working within the financial Services sector and operations teams, demonstrating increasing responsibility and evidence of managing and scaling operational teams for at least 5 years.
- Understanding of the front to back trade life cycle of securities and/or Cryptocurrencies.
- Trading Venue Operations experience or Broker back-office experience beneficial.
- Ability to operate and scale up a start-up business and associated processes.
- Problem solving and project experience.
- Team player with excellent people skills.
- Ability to hire, goal set, manage and promote.
- Good experience in working with tech teams on business requirements and UAT.
- A passion for trading financial markets, crypto currencies and blockchain would be a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory environment, and upcoming developments would be good as would familiarity with anti-money laundering and know-your-customer best practices in the UK market.
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business.
- Degree or relevant industry qualifications – desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Comprehensive private healthcare scheme
- The chance to be part of an entrepreneurial, exciting, fast-growing, and future thinking company
- Opportunities to attend events and represent the Archax and its vision
- Encouragement and support in your personal career development and industry knowledge
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day each year (up to 30 days)
Archax is an equal opportunities employer and places a high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on any attribute.