About the job Database Administrator (Cebu/Manila)
Archax is an FCA-regulated Multi-lateral Trading Facility (MTF) operating a trading and primary platform for professional and institutional clients. Our vision is to develop a truly digital capital market ecosystem that connects traditional market infrastructure with blockchain and DLT technologies.
Archax pH7 Inc. is an information technology company providing software and application development, back-office tech support and a wide range of consultancy / advisory services to its clients in the fintech industry.
Archax PH7 Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Archax Holdings Ltd (UK).
What's In It for You?
- Highly competitive (above industry) salary
- Health insurance (includes cover for you and 2 family members)
- Employee life insurance
- Additional leave
- Mandatory Government benefits (SSS, PhilHealth, Pag-IBIG)
- Temporary work from home due to Covid
- Opportunity to build and grow the technology that will lead the evolution in digital asset trading
- Opportunity to enhance and develop your career and portfolio through working on high-profile projects
- Opportunity to work with skilled multicultural talents passionate about providing best in class expertise
- Encouraged and supported in developing crypto knowledge
An interesting opportunity has arisen that would allow the successful applicant to help deliver the software platform for a new digital asset securities exchange; focused on an institutional client base. The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of building scalable mission critical systems on the Amazon AWS cloud services and guiding developers towards best practice.
This role is to assist and guide the development, administration, and maintenance of Amazon Aurora MySQL databases.
The right applicant will have experience being a hands-on technical leader able to operate in the weeds when necessary but also at improving processes and technical operations across the group. The infrastructure/devops/DBA team operates as one across the globe. Applicants should be comfortable supporting and working with all clients across any location and at any level.
- Perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the operational standards are being adhered to.
- Plan with the developers and DevOps team (systems administrators) to ensure that new product usage or release upgrades take place with minimal impact.
- Upgrade and apply critical fixes in all our database environments.
- Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoot with problems regarding the databases, applications, and development tools.
- Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities - perform root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures.
- Create and maintain service-related reports (such as database backups, maintenance, and monitoring) and respond to database-related alerts and escalations.
- Build and provide actionable reports in support of performance testing to be submitted to all development areas to review and provide follow up actions to ensure optimum support to meet our SLAs / KPIs.
- Provide problem and root cause analysis data to the IT support organization through capacity management tools and techniques.
- Control migrations of database changes through the development life cycle.
- Perform database reorganizations to assist performance and ensure uptime of the database.
- Put standards in place to ensure that all application database design and code is produced with proper integrity, security, and performance
- Ensure that all of our regulatory obligations with regard to database system security, operation and performance are monitored and stringently met
- Any deviation from regulatory requirements must be fully communicated, documented and an RCA carried out.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- You will be an experienced DBA with 7 years plus experience in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of Amazon Aurora MySQL and best practices
- Experience administrating and optimizing Amazon Aurora MySQL
- Experience in SQL database design, deployment and administration
- Experience in complex SQL queries and scripting
- Familiarity with AWS or any cloud base provider; Experience in cloud infrastructure
- Knowledgeable in writing SQL scripts, views, procedures, triggers and functions
- Knowledge in either MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle or Postgres Architecture
- Scripting experience (Shell, PowerShell, Python).
- A good understanding of other SQL and database related technology
- Firm understanding of IT Security principles and their implementation in day-to-day activities.
- Experience using a ticketing system (Jira, ManageEngine)
- Cloud workload assessment
- Understanding you will be working in a start-up and you will have to work hands on
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience in capital markets with real time trading systems/market data
- Knowledge of crypto currencies and/or blockchain technology and understanding of how those technologies work
- Experience with legacy SQL, such as MySQL 5.7, SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience/understanding of containerization tools (Docker, ECS/ECR, EKS).
- Experience of AWS Public Cloud
- Experience with administering databases greater than 5 TB. Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems (performance issues, database integrity issues, blocking, and deadlocking issues)
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tool
- Experience with database backup and recovery scenarios. Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options.
Archax is an equal opportunities employer and places a high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on any attribute.