About the job Regulations and Compliance Manager
*** This is an office based role, you must be able to commute and work in the City of London as a norm***
Montis Group is creating a new breed of authorised and fully regulated post-trade utilities that enable financial institutions and investors to process digital securities globally, alongside traditional securities delivering the market infrastructure required for digital securities to fulfil their true potential.
Montis is a subsidiary of Archax Holdings, which includes the first ever digital securities exchange (MTF) regulated by the FCA in London. Targeted at institutions, Archax also has its FCA brokerage, custody, and crypto-asset permissions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Regulations and Compliance Manager to join our start-up group to help identify the business requirements and with delivering the technology platform for new digital Central Security Depositories (CSDs). The ideal applicant will provide strategic regulatory and compliance input and expertise, working with Senior Management to ensure regulatory risks are known and managed, and services are compliant, across several regulated markets.
You will have experience of working in wholesale capital markets, ideally at a CSD or in a Custodian environment and be a team player with excellent people skills. Having some experience of a start-up organisation would be valuable as would having a deep interest in blockchain, tokenisation, smart contracts and related FinTech.
The start-up nature of the role would suit a candidate willing to be adaptive and agile, interested in the impact of their work and able to take responsibility for delivering an outcome rather than ticking the box. The role will embrace a wider remit than a traditional regulatory or compliance role, providing the opportunity to learn and experience additional, complimentary skills in a dynamic, vibrant team.
- Develop strategies to ensure the companys production activities comply with government regulations;
- Liaison between regulatory and legal bodies and operating functions;
- Prepare and submit applications and reports to competent authorities;
- Respond to requests for information from competent authorities;
- Coordinate with operations functions regarding production design and development to ensure regulatory compliance;
- Assist with the development of operating standards and procedures;
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable regulations;
- Monitor regulatory affairs and the operational effect and impact;
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Promote and nurture a culture of compliance across the business;
- Identify and implement applicable regulatory changes across the business;
- Advise the business on day-to-day regulatory compliance matters;
- Refine and oversee the Compliance Monitoring Plan; and
- Provide advice, guidance, and training to the business in relation to current and emerging regulations.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working within the wholesale capital markets sector in a regulatory and/or compliance role;
- Able to analyse and interpret regulatory and compliance information;
- Capital requirements experience in finance or compliance is preferable;
- Degree or relevant industry qualifications is preferable;
- Good fit with corporate values
- Good communications skills including strong written English and an ability to draft/review policies, processes, and procedures
- Good analytical skills, problem solving and solution-orientated thinking;
- Self-starter, able to use initiative, work unsupervised and experienced taking responsibility;
- Good balance of EQ and IQ
- Ability to work under pressure and remain accountable
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business; and
- Strong capital markets background, preferably including CSDs, custodians and central banks.
Other required Skillsets/Traits:
- Knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory environment, and upcoming developments in digital securities would be beneficial;
- A passion for financial markets, regulated digital securities, crypto-assets, crypto-currencies and blockchain technology would be a strong advantage;
- Prudential knowledge and experience is desirable;
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business;
- Excellent self-management skills;
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business
- Competitive rates of pay
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing, and future thinking industry
- An opportunity to get involved at the ground-level in building emerging new CSDs, focused on settling natively digital and non-native securities
- A supportive and collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to attend events and represent the company
- Encouragement and support in developing digital securities knowledge
- 25 days holiday, raising up to 30 days with years of service
- Career opportunities to grow and scale with a growing company
- Teamwork Colleagues, customers and partners working in balance.
- Humility - check our egos at the door, no pretence for roles or titles.
- Responsibility accountable for our actions and delivery.
- Innovation Always forward thinking, strive to create a better way, every day.
- Valued Support and reward the journey of our people.
- Expertise Seek to grow knowledge in our market.
- Integrity and Ethics
- Openness and Transparency
- Respect and Fair Conduct
- Accountable with Full Disclosure
- Authentic with Client Focus
- Operationally Resilient and Caring
Montis is an equal opportunities employer, placing high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on any attribute.