About the job Compliance Manager - Surveillance
Compliance Manager – Surveillance
At Archax it's our principle to THRIVE:
- Teamwork – Colleagues, customers and partners working in balance.
- Humility - check our egos at the door, no pretence for roles or titles.
- Responsibility – accountable for our actions and delivery.
- Innovation – Always forward thinking, strive to create a better way, every day.
- Valued – Support and reward the journey of our people.
- Expertise – Seek to grow knowledge in our market.
Archax is an FCA-regulated Multi-lateral Trading Facility (MTF) operating a trading and primary platform for professional and institutional clients. Our vision is to develop a truly digital capital market ecosystem that connects traditional market infrastructure with Blockchain and DLT technologies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Compliance Manager to be based full time in our London office. The roles require the managers to be key points of contact between the Compliance Team and the Head of Compliance and the Head of Regulation. The successful candidates will provide strategic input and expertise working with senior management to ensure regulatory and compliance risks are managed, whilst seeing through and sponsoring relevant projects from conception to implementation.
Compliance Manager role covering the following areas: Surveillance and MAR specialist/expert (who can train up on chain analytics)
- Promoting a culture of compliance across the business.
- Own applicable policies and procedures, ensure they are up-to-date and take the lead of any changes necessary.
- Advising the business in relation to relevant regulatory compliance matters on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide advice, guidance, and training to the business in relation to current and emerging regulations.
- Assist in the development of management information.
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience, preferably gained in a financial services or regulatory environment.
- Experience in the focus areas of the specific Compliance Manager role is desirable.
- Good understanding of Wholesale Financial Markets including knowledge and understanding of applicable rules and regulations.
- Experience and/or eager interest in innovation and the crypto world.
- Able to analyse and interpret information from a regulatory and commercial perspective.
Other required Skillset
- Surveillance and MAR experience desirable (Market Abuse Surveillance and Transaction Monitoring)
- Ability and willingness to take ownership, responsibility and accountability of projects
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including problem solving and solution-orientated thinking
- Able to use initiative, work unsupervised and comfortable taking responsibility
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business
- Degree or relevant industry qualifications - desirable
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Statutory Pension contributions
- Private Health Care (after 2 years’ service this extends to family cover)
- Casual work environment.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing, and future thinking industry.
- Opportunity to attend events and represent the company.
- Encouraged and supported in developing Crypto knowledge.
- 25 days holiday, raising up to 30 days with years of service.
- Career opportunities to grow and scale with a start-up company.