About the job Business Analyst
*** This is an office based role, you must be able to commute and work in the City of London as a norm***
Montis Group is creating a new breed of authorised and fully regulated post-trade utilities that enable financial institutions and investors to process digital securities globally, alongside traditional securities delivering the market infrastructure required for digital securities to fulfil their true potential.
Montis is a subsidiary of Archax Holdings, which includes the first ever digital securities exchange (MTF) regulated by the FCA in London. Targeted at institutions, Archax also has its FCA brokerage, custody, and crypto-asset permissions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst to join our start-up group to help identify the business requirements and with delivering the technology platform for new digital Central Security Depositories (CSDs). The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of analysing and defining requirements and design specification, within regulated markets.
You will have experience of working in wholesale capital markets, ideally at a CSD or in a Custodian environment and be a team player with excellent people skills. Having some experience of a start-up organisation would be valuable as would having a deep interest in blockchain, tokenisation, smart contracts and related FinTech.
The start-up nature of the role would suit a candidate willing to be adaptive and agile, interested in the impact of their work and able to take responsibility for delivering an outcome rather than ticking the box. The role will embrace a wider remit than a traditional business analyst, providing the opportunity to learn and experience additional, complimentary skills in a dynamic, vibrant team.
- Participate in workshops with market participants and technology vendors
- Supporting and documenting requirements gathering
- Securing business and technology sign off for requirements
- Reviewing user stories from market participants and technology vendors
- Writing business and operational workflows to support
- Writing business and technical procedures
- Writing test cases to support testing from the software vendor
- Writing and executing testing scenarios for the user acceptance testing phase
- Participate in developing the regulatory documentation
- Participate in developing product roadmaps
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working within the wholesale capital markets sector as a business analyst
- Strong capital markets background, preferably including CSDs, custodians and central banks
- Understand the complete life cycle of conventional securities
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements for CSDR and Operational Resilience
- Awareness of issuance, corporate actions, and settlement in CoBM and CeBM
- Ability to review legal and regulatory documentation
- Ability to operate and scale up a start-up business and associated processes
- Problem solving and project experience.
- Team player with excellent people skills.
- Good experience in working with tech teams on business requirements and UAT including writing and executing testing scenarios
- Good fit with corporate values
- Good written English and ability to draft/review policies, processes, and procedures
- Solves complex problems with broad perspective (individually or collaboratively)
- Good balance of EQ and IQ
- Ability to work under pressure and remain accountable
- Ability to balance and achieve a combination of short and long-term goals
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies and/or related FinTech advancements
Other required Skillsets/Traits:
- A passion for financial markets, regulated digital securities, crypto-assets, crypto-currencies and blockchain technology would be a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory environment, and upcoming developments in digital securities would be good
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership, responsibility, and accountability of projects
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including problem solving and solution-orientated thinking
- Able to use initiative, work unsupervised and comfortable taking responsibility
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business
- Degree or relevant industry qualifications desirable
- Competitive rates of pay
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing, and future thinking industry
- An opportunity to get involved at the ground-level in building emerging new CSDs, focused on settling natively digital and non-native securities
- A supportive and collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to attend events and represent the company
- Encouraged and supported in developing digital securities knowledge
- 25 days holiday, raising up to 30 days with years of service
- Career opportunities to grow and scale with a growing company
- Teamwork Colleagues, customers and partners working in balance.
- Humility - check our egos at the door, no pretence for roles or titles.
- Responsibility accountable for our actions and delivery.
- Innovation Always forward thinking, strive to create a better way, every day.
- Valued Support and reward the journey of our people.
- Expertise Seek to grow knowledge in our market.
- Integrity and Ethics
- Openness and Transparency
- Respect and Fair Conduct
- Accountable with Full Disclosure
- Authentic with Client Focus
- Operationally Resilient and Caring
Montis is an equal opportunities employer, placing high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on any attribute.