About the job Deputy QA Manager (Cebu/Manila)
- no one is "above" or "too good" for anything that needs to be done
- people are judged on the things they do, not their job title, or tenure
- no one is a full-time manager / supervisor / work off-loader, everyone tries to help each other improve
- no problem is insurmountable
- If you believe in these principles keep reading….
If you feel aligned to these thoughts, then please keep reading.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Deputy QA Manager to assist the current QA Manager on testing the software platform for a new digital asset exchange; focused on an institutional client base. The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of testing scalable mission critical financial systems, working with global teams, ensuring best testing practices – especially around test automation and BDD, and staying within agreed project timelines.
As a Deputy QA Manager, you will assist the QA Manager in looking after a team of QA Engineers, make recommendations for testing tools, maintenance, and testing strategies with a particular focus around test automation and BDD approach, and assist with creating a maintainable application landscape alongside other QA Engineers, Development Leads, Developers, and Scrum Masters.
Working for this employer as they experience continued growth you will have a unique opportunity to enhance and develop your career working on high profile projects with like-minded and skilled colleagues who are as passionate about providing best in class expertise as you are.
The Deputy QA Manager is expected to significantly impact and drive the QA Engineering team function by acting as the second in command to the Test team, ensuring exceptional testing across all applications that map our current business requirements to end-to-end technology solutions.
Key accountabilities include:
- Act as the 2nd in command for a software development Test team (around 6 or more QA Engineers, both Manual and Automation) and assist with their testing and automation BDD approach, owning the test process;
- Analyse and design test plans and cases, step definitions, and feature files in order to test our Product range, acting as one of the most senior QA Engineering members of the team;
- Help to build test libraries and increase automation coverage in our tools;
- Research new technologies, multi-tasking on multiple projects with other team members;
- Follow software development processes and testing conventions, using Agile/SCRUM principles and working closely with other QA Engineers, Development Leads, Developers, and Scrum Masters;
- Break down detailed specifications and implement testing requirements based upon the needs of the Product team, Stakeholders, and Clients;
- Motivate and manage the QA Engineering team, supporting and mentoring, acting by example and leading from the front with the QA Manager;
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner in a highly scalable development environment;
- Contribute ideas to improve testing process and overall development practices;
- Work with the SCRUM Master and Development Leads to coordinate within SCRUM meetings with the Product team/Stakeholders, ensuring all relevant information to the Test team and project are shared and discussed;
- Conduct test case reviews alongside the QA Manager;
- Mentor and manage the QA Engineers;
- Lead meetings with the Test team and Product team/Stakeholders in English.
The Deputy QA Manager should have excellent knowledge in all areas of testing, focusing on Automation engineering and BDD approach, and their experience should include the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent) and at least 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience preferably acting as a Deputy QA Manager (or QA Manager) in a previous role looking after a minimum of 4 QA Engineers;
- Experience in functional and performance testing, sanity testing, black/white box testing, static testing, positive and negative testing, security testing;
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases and performing testing;
- Experience in load/stress testing (JMeter, LoadRunner, LoadStorm);
- Experience using Build Performance testing tools and platforms;
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities including but not limited to estimation, test planning, test design, performance testing, test execution,
- Familiarity with development technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, TypeScript, C++ (from a testing POV);
- Experience with collaborative team software tools (Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint);
- Passion for product quality/attention to detail in uncovering hard to find scenarios and bugs;
- Very good written and oral communication level in English language.
It would be nice to have additional testing understanding in the following areas:
- Has previously worked in the financial service industry and has experience with testing capital markets and trading software solutions;
- Understanding in testing blockchain solutions;
- Testing with Electron platforms.
About Archax PH7
Archax pH7 Inc. is an information technology company providing software and application development, back-office tech support and a wide range of consultancy / advisory services to the Archax Group.
Founded by experts from traditional and regulated capital markets professionals, Archax's solutions are built using existing, proven, resilient, scalable, high-performance infrastructure, hosted in top-tier datacentre space, and integrated into the existing institutional trading workflow.
At Archax, we believe in "one vision one company", and conduct ourselves accordingly to provide our clients with first class services globally. "You have an idea, we have the solution."
Archax PH7 Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Archax Holdings Ltd (UK).
Archax Holdings Ltd is the first ever digital securities exchange regulated by the FCA in London. Targeted at institutions, Archax also has its FCA brokerage, custody and cryptoasset permissions.
Archax offers a credible bridge between the blockchain world and the existing investment space. The Archax team is used to working in highly regulated markets and has a deep understanding of the blockchain landscape and tokenization too - as well as a vision of how to evolve them and open up digital assets to institutions in a transparent manner.
https: //www.archax.com/about-u ...