About the job QA Manager
**No agencies please
- no one is "above" or "too good" for anything that needs to be done
- people are judged on the things they do, not their job title, or tenure
- no one is a full-time manager / supervisor / work off-loader, everyone tries to help each other improve
- no problem is insurmountable
If you believe in these principles keep reading….
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced QA Manger to manage a test team that will be testing the software platform for a new digital asset exchange; focused on an institutional client base. The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of leading and running test teams in scalable mission critical financial systems, working with global teams, ensuring best testing practices, and staying within agreed project timelines.
As the QA Manager, you will have management oversight of the QA Manager/Deputy Manager and a team of QA Engineers, making recommendations for future testing scaling and strategy, and ensuring our current Test team are working effectively.
Working for this employer as they experience continued growth you will have a unique opportunity to enhance and develop your career working on high profile projects with like-minded and skilled colleagues who are as passionate about providing best in class expertise as you are.
The QA Manager, is expected to significantly impact and drive the QA Engineering team function by acting as the most senior Management hire in the team, ensuring exceptional testing across all applications that map our current business requirements to end-to-end technology solutions.
Key accountabilities include:
- Act as the most senior Management team member, strategizing to own the test process and responsible for Defining QA strategy, approach, and execution;
- Have the big picture in mind in increasing build quality in our test libraries and automation coverage in our tools;
- Act as the key arbiter in researching new technologies, with total oversight on multiple concurrent projects;
- Monitor all areas of QA activity, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identify areas of improvement, implementing where necessary;
- Follow software development processes and testing conventions, using Agile/SCRUM principles and working closely with other Management areas including DevOps and Development adopting Continuous Improvement and industry recognised Best Practices;
- Extensive experience managing Testing Departments or Testing Functions, managing complex activities and processes, supporting and mentoring, and acting by example and leading from the front;
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification, and Risk-based Testing;
- Strong communications skills with all key stakeholders (including the CTO, Development Director, DevOps Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Business Analysts, Product Owners) to ensure that the QA vision is understood and implemented correctly;
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure – proactive, strong-minded, quick-thinking, and assertive;
- Ability to motivate a team, recognise good talent, and bring out the best in each individual;
- Excellent communicator, influencing/negotation skills to get management buy-in on ideas and concepts;
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organisation;
- A natural leader, able to build, implement, and direct QA principles and maintain quality of delivery.
The QA Manager should have excellent knowledge in all areas of testing, and their experience should include the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent) and at least 3 years of relevant work experience acting as a QA Manager in a previous role of a similar sized team;
- Prior to this, the expectation is that the candidate has 5+ years as a hands-on tester from Junior to Manager level, with experience in both Manual and Automation testing;
- Experience in guiding teams with their functional and performance testing, sanity testing, black/white box testing, static testing, positive and negative testing, security testing along with testing matrices/testing activites for key stakeholders;
- Experience in guiding teams with developing test plans, test cases and performing testing;
- Experience in guiding teams with load/stress testing (JMeter, LoadRunner, LoadStorm);
- Experience in guiding teams using Build Performance testing tools and platforms;
- Previous extensive experience in all Quality Assurance activities including but not limited to estimation, test planning, test design, performance testing, test execution,
- Familiarity with development technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, TypeScript, C++ (from a Testing Manager POV);
- Extensive experience with collaborative team software tools (Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint);
- Huge passion for product quality/attention to detail in guiding teams to uncover hard to find scenarios and bugs;
- Very good written and oral communication level in English language.
It would be nice to have additional understanding in the following areas:
- Has previously worked in the financial service industry and has experience with leading teams that are testing capital markets and trading software solutions;
- Understanding in testing Blockchain solutions;
- Testing with Electron platforms.
Archax is a London headquartered company that are a provider of institutional-grade exchange services intended to facilitate the trading of cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
They have a development centre located in the Philippines, with staff located in Manilla and Cebu.