About the job DevOps Engineer
**no agencies at this time please
no one is "above" or "too good" for anything that needs to be done
- people are judged on the things they do, not their job title, or tenure
- no one is a full-time manager/supervisor/work off-loader, everyone tries to help each other improve
- no problem is insurmountable
- If you believe in these principles keep reading….
If you feel aligned to these thoughts, then please keep reading.
Archax has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to be a part of our growing DevOps team based in London that enables expert opinions on the infrastructure design, build, integration, release, deployment, and hosting operations.
As a DevOps Engineer you will combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. You will ensure infrastructure reliability and uptime appropriate to the needs of users and fast iterations of improvement. You will be able to handle the complex challenges of scaling start up, whilst using expertise in coding, complex analysis, and large-scale design, delivering sustainability, reliability and scalability of our new digital asset securities exchange application through automation optimisation.
Our DevOps team have the opportunity to work with all levels of the business. They will operate in the weeds when necessary whilst improving process and technical operations across the group whilst working with the technology team across different business operations locations.
- Manage day-to-day operations, such as monitoring, backup, and failure handling of core software and database systems
- Execute regular load tests to evaluate current and future releases and analyse results of 100X increased load across functional capabilities from current baselines
- Create tools and automation to profile performance and application/database efficiency
- Experience in implementation of cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS.
- Help build end-to-end solutions over MySQL and other infrastructure, with a focus on performance, high availability, and growth needs of our customers
- Maintain & leverage automated load, QA testing and regression testing services
- Hands on experience using command line and Yaml manifests to deploy in AWS EKS clusters (Kubernetes and Docker).
- Experience load testing, profiling, and optimizations of scalable systems
- Experience of penetration testing, stress testing and performance testing
- Familiar with developing tools to benchmark the system
- Hands on experience implementing network designs and overlays according to design
- Hands on experience using Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins to deploy and provision cloud environments
- Linux administration, maintenance and optimisation
- Securing Linux systems, containers and pipelines
- Experience in deployment automation, monitoring and maintaining cloud infrastructure (AWS), including monitoring and alerting
- Scripting experience (Bash, Groovy, Jenkinsfile, etc )
- Agile experience (SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
- Experienced with full CI/CD life cycle across nonproduction and production environments
- Experience with NodeJS and/or C++
- Experience with AWS Cloud Formation
- Experience in finance with real time trading systems/market data
- Experienced in working with multinational global teams
- Experience working with Development teams (exposure to Software Development Lifecycle)
- Experience in development (higher languages, strict data types, dynamic languages)