About the job Content Marketing Specialist
Were looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers from content writers, designers to developers. So if youre the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble, and have a great sense of humor. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, thats even better.
What you will be doing
Arsenault is the all-in-one social media scheduling and commerce platform that helps small business owners, social media managers, and creators grow their brands and businesses online.
Arsenault is looking for an excellent writer and strategic thinker to join our team as a Content Marketing Specialist (Editorial News).
If you have solid writing skills and an understanding of emerging social media trends, this is the job for you!
Arsenaults content marketing team has grown rapidly in the last 12 months, and were looking for someone to help scale our offering even further. Our mission is to help our audience succeed on social media, while also increasing awareness of Arsenaults social media scheduling tools.
Reporting to the Content Marketing Manager (Editorial), the Content Marketing Specialist (Editorial News) will be responsible for ideating and writing quick-turn blog posts covering the latest social media trends, features, and news.
Whether its a current conversation amongst creators (e.g. social media burnout) or the announcement of a new Instagram tool or feature, the right candidate will be able to write short form content thats easy to digest, educational, and has a point-of-view.
They will also have the opportunity to create longer, feature length news stories including sourced quotes from thought leaders in the social space.
Strong content writing skills, the ability to spot social media trends, and strategic thinking is essential for this role. Its important to go beyond what the trend is and explain why its happening and what it means for our readers.
A working knowledge of SEO best practices, a background in journalism, and/or comfort showing up on camera would also be advantageous.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled content marketer who wants to develop Arsenaults news and trends beat, and take their experience to the next level!
- Pitch content for Arsenaults content marketing editorial channels (blog, lead generation)
- Create quick-turn editorial content for Arsenaults blog, with a focus on news and trending topics
- Keep track of trends, feature updates from various social platforms, and social media news
- Research articles, surveys, and data that will support your content
- Reach out to thought leaders and/or creators for quotes or sound bites to support your content
- Become a thought leader in social media strategy for social media managers, creators, and small business owners
- Work closely with Arsenaults creative design team to deliver best-in-class visual assets
- Work closely with Arsenaults social team to identify and execute creative opportunities for content promotion
- Research SEO keywords and optimize blog posts for organic traffic
- Assist on wider content marketing campaigns like writing for lead generation projects
- 2-3+ years of experience creating engaging online marketing content (blog posts, landing pages, web copy, newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Always on top of the latest social media trends, news, and features
- You have a strong and strategic understanding of social media marketing and how to use each platform for brand promotion (bonus if you have experience managing a social media account)
- You have a solid understanding of the role of SEO in content writing
- You are able to juggle multiple tasks to keep on top of a busy content calendar and meet deadlines
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
- You know how to seamlessly promote products while also providing actionable value for a reader
- You embrace feedback and have a constant desire to learn and improve
- Bonus if you have experience writing for SaaS companies!
How to Apply:
We want to see your writing in action, so please apply with your resume and a cover letter that shows off your writing skills:
- Who are you?
- Why would you be a great fit for the job?
Were not looking for a novel here, but we are looking for some personality. Have fun with it!