About the job Senior Energy Consultant
Seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer (PrEng/ PrTech) with a minimum of 5 - 7 years experience in the renewable energy space for a position the Cape Town office of a well respected engineering consultancy.
The position would support the further growth, development and service delivery of the energy consulting team, with partiuclar focus on electrical engineering aspects of projects, but also business development and project management of PV, wind and mini/micro grid projects.
Particular focus on grid-connections and large project context, structure and role-players are important.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project management (resourcing, financial management, etc.) and delivery of lender’s advisory, owner’s engineer and design services within the renewable energy sector for private Independent Power Producer clients, including: project planning and management, feasibility studies, concept design development and preparation of technical specifications and tender documentation - with a particular focus on photovoltaic, wind, storage and grid systems.
- Project management (resourcing, financial management, etc.) and delivery of lenders technical advisory, owner’s engineer and design services within the renewable energy sector, including technical due diligence review and construction monitoring project stages - with a particular focus on photovoltaic, wind, storage and grid systems.
- Writing technical reports & presentations, checking and reviewing reports, drawings and presentations by others
- Preparation and delivery of bids and proposals. Winning work.
- Driving the development of more junior energy team members in the Cape Town and Johannesburg offices, via mentoring and provision of technical and commercial guidance.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BSc / BEng/ BTech in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Preferably with a further qualification in renewable energy and / or project management or financial management
- Professionally registered with ECSA
- At least 5 years experience relevant to planning, project development, EPC and O&M contracts and implementation of renewable energy projects.
- Recognisable experience relevant in the energy sector with specific exposure to the renewable energy.
- Experience in energy project finance.
- Experience in the South African energy sector.
- Knowledge of PVSyst, AutoCAD, Revit, DigSilent, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, HOMER, XENDEE, MS Project.
- Knowledge in data-management, machine learning, Python etc will be an advantage.