Job Openings Railway Alignment Engineer
About the job Railway Alignment Engineer
A leading international engineering consultancy is seeking a Railway Alignment Engineer to join their office in Ireland.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design of rail geometry and alignment and associated infrastructure for Clients and Contractors
- Reviewing design work of graduate engineers
- Working in Bently software to produce designs and drawings
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Highly enthusiastic Permanent Way and Alignment engineer with experience of multidisciplinary Rail Projects including Concept and Feasibility Schemes through to Detailed Design and Construction Support (including plain alignment, S&C design, enhancements, remodelling, renewals and depots)
- Knowledge of line side civils.
- Awareness of interface management,
- Use of documentation records, decision logs and risk registers
- Previous alignment design experience
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn from and contribute to the team
- Good communication.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Track record in achieving deadlines
- Competent understanding of the safety process and the interfaces between the design and manufacturing and installation.
- Bentley software experience
- An appropriate HND, university degree or equivalent qualification
- Member of the EI, PWI, or ICE or similar.