About the job R&D Food Scientist/Technologist
On behalf of one of our estimated client, a worldwide top-leader American company operating in the Food Process industry, manufacturing and selling their products in more than 90 countries worldwide, we are currently looking for the top talented R&D Food Scientist/Technologist to be based in Cezch Republic.
Position: R&D Food Scientist/Technologist
Report to: EMEA and APAC R&D Lead
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: (up to experience)
Benefits: Annual incentive plan 7,5%, annual salary increase subject to personal performance and business conditions, 25 days vacation, pension insurance contribution, meal provision, contribution to study and languages courses, SOS Line (Help in difficult situations), Benefit a.s. (Electronic cards for service delivery), 5 days of home office annually.
About our client
Our client with its parent well-kown company owns multiple famous brands in the industry of artificial and natural zero- and reduced-calorie sweeteners, distributed in more than 90 countries.
They are investing in innovation and brand building to drive long-term profitable growth. With the natural sweetener category experiencing an average of 9% year-over-year growth and one of their famous brand as one of the fastest growing in this specific market, they are positioned to drive incredible brand awareness with consumers and become the go-to sweetener company for everything from coffee and tea to baking needs.
About the role mission
If you enjoy a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture where you can make an impact starting on your first day, then our client is the right place to work at.
This position reports to their EMEA and APAC R&D Lead and will have high visibility and autonomy to make significant impact by partner ing with business to design and introduce new products, products changes and enhancements.
· Conducts all phases of product development with minimum supervision (gathers data, designs, plans and conducts experiments) on current and new products / raw materials, exploring methods to improve cost, quality, flavor, texture, caloric value, convenience and/or physical/chemical composition of products. Selects appropriate methods, tests and procedures for testing. Development activities may include: Key supplier/partner interaction and ideation, new concept creation, cost optimization and reformulations.
· Conduct appropriate risk assessments and provide recommendations for resolution of issues.
· Investigate and set standards for safety and quality.
· Ensures products meet regulatory requirement and are safe, through proper formulation, shelf life testing and collaboration with the Legal and Regulatory Departments.
· Effectively documents details of experiments: objectives, formulas, methodology, required equipment, equipment setup, prepares and presents written reports and proposes / implements next steps.
· Develops and writes experimental formulas, manufacturing procedures, and specifications for finished products – including nutritional sheets.
· Maintains all developmental records in an orderly, comprehensive manner.
· Conducts sensory evaluation through internal panels screening and coordinates external sensory for all assigned projects.
· Cross-Functional Project Leadership, interfacing with Marketing, QA, Manufacturing and Packaging Development. Lead technical product development activities and may co-lead commercialization efforts.
· Manages multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely completion of project objectives in a fast-paced, priority shifting environment.
· Ensures Regional NPD Goals are met, properly resourced and meets the needs of the regional business.
· Identifies, develops and implements experiments to exploit emerging technologies and ingredients that can be applied to increase profitability and quality.
· Transfer new product technology and documentation to Merisant manufacturing sites.
· Develops products including bench, pilot and production scale-ups while establishing manufacturing processes and procedures in collaboration with Process Engineer.
· Provide technical support to Commercial teams on ingredients, functionality of ingredients and competitive landscape of products.
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Developing New Products.
· Excellent project management and follow-through skills.
· Strong experience with coordination of New Product Development and Regulatory Assessment.
· Experience in sensory evaluation through internal/external panels screening.
· Solid background in consumer goods processing, packing and shelf life studies.
· Good laboratories practices.
· Background in shelf life studies and basic sensory validation.
· Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications in Food.
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Fluent in English (Cambridge First or Advanced Certificate required).
· SAP System concept understanding is a plus.
· Ability to independently develop products from idea to commercialization.
· Experience with coordination of new product development and launch.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Good understanding of Marketing, Supply Chain and Operations activities within an organization in order to influence other internal functions to take an active role in projects.
· Recognize and obtain key stakeholders input on project/technical priorities.
· Ability to recommend ideas for continuous improvement of products, processes and efficiency.
· Secure/develop constant and open flow of information on all levels and functions.
· Effectively document and maintain details of experiments (objectives, formulas, methodology).
· High personal standard of ownership, accountability and proactivity.
· Someone who enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced environment, not afraid to “roll up sleeves”.
· Inquisitive, open and positive minded.
· Driven with a sense of urgency.
· Articulate and thoughts are well-organized.
· Self-motivated and results driven.
· Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or other related discipline and minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a consumer foods company environment required.
· Master Degree in Food Science a plus.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please
note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further
Candidates are not required to pay any fee to use our services.