About the job Country Manager Thailand
On behalf of one of our estimated client, one of the most significant, innovative and international Building Materials manufacturers, we are currently looking for a top talented Country Manager for Thailand.
Position: Country Manager Thailand
Report to: Managing Director
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: (up to experience)
Benefits: Sales incentive based on targets, 1 month fixed Annual bonus, Variable Bonus on company’s performance, Transport allowance, Petrol, Mobile & Internet, Medical insurance, 18 days Annual leave
About our client
Our client is one of the major international manufacturers of products and systems for building industries.
Subsidiary of a global business that was founded in 1936 in Europe, they pioneered the introduction of high-quality synthetic resin wall coatings in the European market.
More than 80 years later, our client is active in over 90 countries with over 5000 staff and continues to innovate through technological leadership in all of their core markets, with heavy investment in R&D.
Operations started in Southeast Asia region in 2001. Their extensive product range is backed by comprehensive technical, design and consultancy support, enabling them to deliver advanced solutions to meet different types of design specifications.
Headquartered in Singapore and with key production and sales centre in Malaysia, they have a strong regional network of strategic partners across Southeast Asia to serve fast growing markets in the region.
The ISO 9001 certified manufacturing plant in Malaysia ensures that they consistently produce products that meet the highest standards of quality control.
The Country Manager will lead the development and implementation of a sales and product specification strategy designed to identify and target customers, maximize sales and profitability, and ensure sustainable growth in the company’s market position across selected target market segments and product lines.
He/she will recruit, coach, develop and lead a winning team capable of growing the business and delivering sustainable results.
· Responsible for profitable growth in the region within Thailand and drive the business locally to run the day to day operation.
· Update and maintain country business plans and develop and execute clear strategies for the future.
· Lead the identification and targeting of new and profitable business opportunities through relationship building and networking with architects and engineers and close collaboration with main contractors, sub-contractors, distribution partners, applicators, supply chain partners and other industry contacts. Focus on maximising sales conversion and transactional revenue and margin contribution.
· Develop Sales & Business Development in identifying, sourcing, and managing new business opportunities. Build and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential clients to expand sales and market share; deepen product penetration and develop new opportunities for business across Thailand.
· Proactively develop deep knowledge of the company’s products, applications and core markets. With the support of the SEA product management and technical departments, provide ‘expert level’ technical advice and sales support to new and existing customers.
· Develop and implement multi-year sales, service, distribution and business development plans which drive specifications, achieve sales targets, and deliver sustainable and profitable growth across our façade coatings, interiors, concrete restoration and flooring product portfolios in Thailand.
· Advise the product management team in Singapore regarding the company’s product portfolio with reference to market opportunities, the company’s external environment and competitive landscape.
· Recommends policy and procedure improvements and establish technical support capabilities to assist agents/distributors and customers in the region.
· Lead general marketing activities such as organizing exhibitions/training, brand-building and product promotion.
· Identify and develop potential customers for domestic distributors.
· Provide professional and helpful customer service and problem solving to gain customer loyalty & long-term partnership.
· Drive product and brand awareness in the market to grow sales, customer coverage & penetration through marketing initiatives, target group presentations and training for specifiers and other stakeholders.
· Provide market intelligence and insights to the marketing and product management team and contribute to the design and execution of the marketing plan for Thailand with specific responsibility for driving specification and sales growth.
· Prepare and present monthly sales results, project updates & pipeline reports to the leadership team and quarterly briefings for the executive board.
· Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in our markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
· Actively participate in strategic planning/direction decisions and complete business projects and special assignments with MD.
· Degree in Engineering / construction related field preferred.
· Third Level qualifications in Business / Sales & Marketing.
· At least 10 years’ experience in Sales & Business Development in Construction industry in Thailand.
· Highly skilled in negotiation and professional selling.
· Excellent market knowledge with broad network of sub-contractors, main contractors, engineering firms, architects, etc.
· Successful track record of managing a Sales team operating in the construction market.
· Strong creative and analytical skills and ability to solve problems.
· Solid technical knowledge of concrete repair, water proofing, flooring systems.
· Car driving license is mandatory.
· Ability to travel in Bangkok area as well as upcountry.
· Thai native with fluency in English.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence.
Candidates are not required to pay any fee to use our services.