About the job QA Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join our team. As a Software (QA) Engineer, you will play an integral part in our Software Development Life Cycle. Your tasks will include the designing and performing of both manual tests and automated tests (in the process of implementation) in TestRail, identifying system/test failures, continuous improvement of tests and testing techniques so as to ensure our products maintain the highest levels of reliability, maintainability, usability, and performance.
On a daily basis, you will need to engage with product owners, development and other QA engineers as part of a close-knit team.
A background, interest or understanding of Hospitality, Retail operations and/or Management including Stock Control, Analytics and/or Marketing is preferred.
Experience with or exposure to Point of Sale systems will also be considered and will offer candidates a distinct advantage.
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Certification is strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Superb time-management skills
- Strong understanding of and ability to follow QA/Testing processes, procedures, and best practices
- 3+ years of practical experience in a QA or related role
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques, test types, and test levels
- Experience setting up Manual and Automated Test Environments
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of applications, e.g., Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development processes
- Preferably with experience in Test-Rails
- Preferably with experience in the Point of Sales system
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Test current products and identify deficiencies
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track defects
- Perform thorough regression testing when defects are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Create, maintain and refine automated test processes (in the process of implementation)
- Execute automated tests utilising test framework and third-party tools (in the process of implementation)