About the job MSP Senior System Administrator - Code: FOR1
MSP Senior System Administrator
Opportunity: Fantastic opportunity to work as MSP Senior System Administrator for an established MSP servicing clients primarily in North America. Opportunity to work with a global team while being the first line of defense for any escalated issue that might occur.
Network Intermediate: Ability to install and configure SMB Network appliances like SonicWall, ForitiGate, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc. Experience with implementing routing and switching such as VPN, VLANs, deep traffic and packet level analysis.
Microsoft Windows Server Advanced: Advanced to Expert knowledge in Windows server design and implementation, VMware, Hyper-V, SAN, and LAN/WAN routing and switching. Candidate must have advanced knowledge on installing, configuring, managing server roles, and networking. You will also must have the ability to troubleshoot blue screens, error messages in the event log, and performance analysis through resource monitor and restoring servers. You must have intermediate to advanced knowledge in PowerShell, be familiar with remote administration of Windows Systems including adding / removing roles, remote registry maintenance and basic scripting.
Remote Desktop Services: you must have advanced knowledge on installing, configuring and managing Microsoft Remote Desktop services, including RD Web, RDS Gateway and RDS Connection Broker. You must have the ability to publish / unpublish applications, configure and troubleshoot roaming profiles / profile vDisks, troubleshoot application functionality and printing.
Microsoft Office 365: you must have the ability to maintain Office 365 environments, which includes account and license maintenance, mailbox conversions and migrations, spam filtering configuration and cyber-security basics. Having strong knowledge of Active Directory On premise and in the Cloud is a must including federation
Virtualization Advanced: you must have the ability to identify hypervisors, create Virtual Machines, create and expand virtual hard disks, create and attach virtual network adapters while troubleshooting problems. Knowledge of Fabric Switch Ports, datacenter terminology, replication of VMs is desirable.
Cloud Computing Advanced: you must have strong cloud computing hands on experience working on Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3), Security Group
Administration, Virtual Subnets and Microsoft Azure. This position requires you to identify problems with cloud servers, security and perform maintenance on cloud infrastructure, backup replication and disaster recovery. In addition, you must very familiar with Single Sign On platforms such as OKTA, Azure SSO.
SQL Server: you must have strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, applications that utilize SQL servers, database maintenance.
DNS/DHCP/TCP-IP: Expert level experience in troubleshooting DNS issues with core expertise in all these areas.
Multi-Function Printers in Cloud and On Premise Environments: you must
understand how printers behave in on premise and cloud environments and how to troubleshoot.
Everyday IT work* ability to install, configure and troubleshoot Windows workstations (local or remote), troubleshoot basic hardware issues and network connection
problems. Must have the ability to configure device drivers (especially printers), remove malware and keep workstations at optimal performance levels. Provides technical leadership to our internal team, and implements, manages, and supports IT infrastructure for our clients daily operations.
Job Responsibilities and Job Description
MSP Senior System Administrator Overview
- We are a managed service provider servicing the IT needs for a variety of small and medium-sized businesses throughout the nation. We are currently looking for a MSP Senior System Administrator to join our growing team. We have created an environment that emphasizes work-life balance, continuing education/certs, and upward mobility. We also understand that the future of technology is cloud based, and are working heavily with both Azure and AWS.
- The MSP Senior System Administrator plays a critical role provides technical leadership to our team and clients, implementing, managing and supporting virtualized Windows server infrastructure, networks, firewalls that are critical to the success and stability of our clients.
- The MSP Senior System Administrator will split their time between projects,
providing consultation to clients, training the team and taking escalated issues via our ticketing system.
- We are looking for the MSP Senior System Administrator to hit the ground running and so to be considered, you must have previous Managed Services or IT consulting experience.
The MSP Senior System Administrator plays a critical role provides technical leadership to our team and clients, implementing, managing and supporting virtualized Windows server infrastructure, networks, firewalls that are critical to the success and stability of our clients
- The MSP Senior System Administrator will act as a Project Lead on Projects assigned to them (Internal and External) and work closely with the rest of the IT team to complete projects on time and budget, identify and address system and infrastructure needs, as well as provide technical support and guidance to other team members as well as put processes/documentation in place and cross train them.
- They will also alert the VCIO about any issues//challenges with the project and will take lead on communicating with the client.
- In this role, the MSP Senior System Administrator will understand the clients workflow/needs and make recommendations in regard to system design, hardware, infrastructure, and will help develop and/or review scope of work by working with third parties, project manager, internal and external stake holders.
- Being that we are a company with a global workforce, this position requires that proper technical support and guidance and collaboration is taking place amongst team members working on the project. The goal is to ensure efficiency in project execution, accuracy and complete client satisfaction by ensure cross training, processes, documentation is created as the project gaps are identified.