Job Openings Business Development Manager
About the job Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will handle the assigned region that will fall under the designated country/ countries. The role will involve the ownership of the entire end to end sales process in the assigned region.
- Thorough understanding of our products/solutions and our prospective clients
- Understand customer pain points, requirements and correlate Convene solutions to customer requirements
- Think strategically seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives to penetrate and expand Convenes business as per agreed targets
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organization for Lead Generation
- Generate leads and contact prospective customers through various mediums. Respond, engage, and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities, and develop account intelligence. Perform effective online demos to prospects
- Manage pre-sales activities through product demonstrations, advising on bid preparation, support with product pricing and realization of business plan targets.
- Execute planned sales activities and develop a target list of high potential new customers
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and services
- Manage and follow-up on customer training/product implementation.
- Achieve monthly & quarterly Sales Targets
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world, specifically for the region(s)
- Provide updates on sales leads to Senior Management
Key Competencies Required
- 4-6 years hands on experience in a Sales and Business Development role in the assigned region(s), preferably in selling business applications (On-Premise & Cloud).
- Demonstrable Corporate Sales achievements.
- Experience of working on Lead Generation, RFPs and preparing commercial proposals.
- Experience in demonstrating products to potential clients, including C-Levels.
- Should have experience in handling & dealing with key stakeholders of large corporations
- Ability to build connections, credibility and exert influence in the region/markets
- Ability to travel across the designated region
- Ability to work effectively as a team player with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Should be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Graduate degree is essential, and an MBA in Sales & Marketing is preferable
- Proven Sales development experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, along with sharp listening skills and a positive and energetic presence
- Ability to make focused efforts to close deals. The ideal candidate should be strategy driven with a research-based approach
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Savvy with people profiling skills and CRM tools
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Fluency in French & English is mandatory
- Fluency in Local Language is mandatory