About the job JLT/VLS Control Room Operator
• On vessels with J-Lay tower, operate the J-Lay tower and all associated equipment, including the Heave compensator, the abandonment/recovery winches and the loading arm.
• On vessels with VLS systems, operate the VLS and all associated equipment, including carousels and reel hub drives.
• Under the direction of the 1st Assistant and the Offshore Construction Manager, operate the J-Lay tower and/or the VLS from the control room (or on local consoles where applicable), including operation of all associated equipment, to ensure a safe handling of the product being installed.
• Within own remit, ensure that the 1st Assistant is kept fully informed of construction status and potential problems, including reporting of any abnormal conditions or lay parameters.
• Within own remit, report malfunctions and alarms to the mechanical and/or electrical team for verification and intervention as applicable.
• Ensure the compliance with the standard determinated by Client’s QHSE Policy and safety procedures, in order to perform the activity in a safe manner.
• Report near misses and incidents to the 1st Assistant.
• Participate to Toolbox Talks, JSA and Risk Assessments as required.
• Within own remit, ensure that the Permit-to-work system is correctly adhered to and respected.
• Ensure that an adequate hand-over is carried out at the end and beginning of each shift.
• Ensure that a detailed log is kept of the activities carried out from the JLT / VLS control room.
• Assist the Field engineer in the monitoring of JLT and VLS activities as required.
• Report to the 1st Assistant.