About the job Workshop Coordinator / Onshore
- Position: Workshop Coordinator
- Annual Leaves: will be 21 days as per Egyptian Labor law and 30 days if he has been working for more than 10 years.
- Working schedule: rotational shift 28 /28
- Working hours: 12 hr x7
- Insurance benefits: medical insurance with globe med and he can enroll his family as well thats besides the social insurance.
- Contract period: 1 year (possible extension)
Reports To: Maintenance team leader
The workshop coordinator must have a thorough knowledge of the activities associated with a large chemical or refinery plant workshop. He must be conversant with the day-to-day running of a large workshop/ the procedures, recording, auctioning, and dispatching of work. He must have a sound working knowledge of machining practices* (lathe machines, milling, drilling, heat treatment, balancing operations welding and fabrication pipefitting, heat exchanger maintenance). Further duties will include:
- Construction and continual updating of a manpower chart for each division in the workshop.
- Liaison with the administration of workshop employees for their personal or work-related problems.
- The control of all employees (including senior supervisors) in the workshop divisions.
- The control of all work entering the central workshop and to calculate and measure the size and extent of work entering the workshop.
- The distribution of work to division supervisors.
- Selecting the correct machine / equipment for the proper workflow
- The ordering of all materials and tools for the workshop.
- Keeping in daily contact with all divisions.
- The solving of all work-related problems with departments.
- Responsibility for all workshop equipment.
- Responsibility for ensuring that administration and communication¬ systems and procedures function correctly.
- Able to request and order materials for the workshop when necessary.
- Responsibility for the training of all employees in the workshop where required.
- Responsibilities for ensuring all Safety Regulations are observed at all times and to ensure good workshop housekeeping.
- Must be able to operate any machine tool, on the workshop and on situ, in case of need
- Must be prepared to be on call for emergency
- KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Eng. Degree in mechanical discipline or
- Technical Diploma in machining technologies
- English language
- *A minimum of 10 years' experience of machining practices, welding and fabrication, good knowledge of materials and machine tools (mandatory).