About the job Business Development Lead - Steel
At Bazaar, we're on a mission to build an operating system for traditional retail in Pakistan, that creates opportunities for retailers, suppliers and workforce across the country. We are continuously working towards cultivating an environment that inspires, empowers and challenges each individual as they take on this road to self-discovery.
We are eager to build the most diverse and creative team - celebrating differences and learning from each other.
About the role:
Business Development Lead at Bazaar will be leading the sales operations of the potential customers and suppliers. He/She will be responsible to build and maintain relationships with clients and foresee market trends.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify potential clients, specifically in the Traders Network, in the local commercial market, industry trends, and emerging commercial flat steel sector opportunities.
- Develop and implement comprehensive business development strategies focusing on expanding the customer base and increasing sales volume.
- Attend industry events, trade shows, and conferences to network with potential clients, industry professionals, and stakeholders to promote the company's services and establish credibility.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline by identifying and pursuing new leads.
- Utilize CRM tools to track progress, follow up on opportunities, and forecast revenue.
- Make informed business decisions based on market dynamics, competitive landscape, and regulatory changes in commercial flat steel industry.
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management, highlighting KPIs, sales achievements, and improvement areas.
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering, or a related field
- 3-5+ years in business development, sales, or related roles within the commercial segments, trader networks, dealers and sub-dealers management in flat steel or related industry is essential.
- In-depth understanding of traders' network, dealers and sub-dealers channels and commodity trading of flat steel or related products
- Basic understanding of the manufacturing processes and applications within the commercial sectors.
- Proven track record of successful B2C sales and business development, including lead generation, negotiation, and deal closure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
- Capable of adapting to changing market conditions and adjusting strategies accordingly.
- Willingness to travel, conduct fieldwork to meet clients, attend industry events, and explore new markets as needed.
What we offer:
- A power-packed team that develops you to be the best version of yourself
- An opportunity to explore new avenues, break down barriers and execute on own ideas with complete autonomy
- A healthy compensation, insurance, and stock options plan to take care of yourself and your families
At Bazaar, we want to respect and create acceptance for all our colleagues as they are. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting diversity in all its forms (thought, culture, gender and background). Any kind of discrimination is not only condemned but a punishable offense for the company.
We would encourage you to shoot your shot, dream big and apply away, even if your confidence makes you feel otherwise. We acknowledge Imposter Syndrome as a persistent impediment to career growth and we would not want to lose a candidate like you