About the job Director Facilities Operations III
Direct Hire Client is Seeking a Director, Facilities Operations III
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 5+ Years
Education level: Bachelor's degree
Job Function: Management
Job Location: Orangeburg, SC
Industry: Energy, Power, Water, Oil & Gas/ Hospitality
Are you being an innovative Facilities Director with HBCU (Historically Black College and University) experience, and want high visibility, challenging opportunities, and a rewarding environment? Sodexo Universities seeks an innovative Director of Facilities Operations to support the integrated facilities operations in Orangeburg, SC. Our successful candidate will have higher education experience at a Historically Black College and University with construction experience in a university setting. This role is eligible to earn the annual bonus and RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is available for candidates who live more than 50 miles from campus.
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Director with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Our successful candidate will provide strong strategic senior-level Facilities Operations leadership while working with the clients on all matters relating to contract and account operations to establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship. Day-to-day Facilities account responsibilities will include providing overall planning, strategic innovation, and implementation, achieving operations and financial goals, establishing and maintaining effective customer/client rapport, and providing direction and guidance to the Facilities team of managers and employees. IFM operations include Maintenance, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, repair, Project Mgt, Environmental Services, Grounds, and Landscaping.
As Director of Facilities Operations at Claflin, you will:
- Have higher education experience at a Historically Black College and University required
- Have construction experience in a University setting required
- Develop and maintain an integrated, strategically aligned facilities organization demonstrating and supporting a commitment to client services
- Provide senior-level direction for all major Facilities projects
- Direct the daily operations of all areas of the Facilities Management Department and ensure that all work supports and is consistent with institutional standards
- Lead initiatives to standardize the operations, maintenance, renovation, and construction of campus buildings. Manage implementation of the University's Master Plan
- Manage operating expenses, construction projects, major renewal and replacement projects, and secure funding as appropriate
- Provide strategic leadership by aligning Facilities Managements performance and its mission statement with the Colleges culture, expectations, and long-range plans
- Obtain bids for projects and continually evaluate vendor pricing and services to ensure the quality of work and savings for the college.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years of previous director experience in facilities management in a large, complex HBCU university required
- BS in Engineering or another related field preferred
- Knowledge of a wide range of trades and disciplines, including Energy management
- Proven success in providing innovative, out-of-the-box strategies for complex issues
- Excellent leadership skills, and willingness to train and mentor staff
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and utilities; and manages the hiring, training, and supervision of staff, professionals, and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., groundskeeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, and concierge services.
The client offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
If interested in this position please submit your resume.
Please no phone calls, walk-ins, recruiters, C2C, LLCs or other agencies. EOE - Indigenous People, Black, People of Colour, Women identified, non-binary, LGBTTBQ2+ individuals are encouraged to apply
Beola Le'Shaun Consulting: ID# QV3Y8RRR